SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

That will probably be third party add on’s in the future.

1 Like

We don’t have any plans to have our code on PC interfacing with any telemetry API’s for effect generation. Too much hassle for us, as the simulators and telemetry is not the core business the company and the best possible effect should already be coming from sim itself via directinput. But in case of the SimuCUBE, if someone wants to do it, we can facilitate it.

1 Like

General status update:

Multi-setting-profile stuff has been implemented on the firmware side, including the API to set profiles.

Some parts of the Configuration tool has also been changed to use the slightly changed communication API.

Todo: actual profile management for the Configuration tool. Hopefully I can finish it before Friday, as I will be out of town for the next weekend.

buttons are working Mika? thanks

Yep, working button inputs will be in the next beta.

2 Likes

Great news, thanx Mika!

What about “Sam” (hydraulic or pneumatic pressure) sensors (for pedals)…? I would love to run everything through the simucube but fear the frankenpedals I made won’t be compatible without modification.

Nevermind, they work on 3.3v even though they are categorized as 5v.

Implemented:
Profiles can be added. Edit: And now also deleted.
The configuration tool uses data structure for multiple profiles.
Edit: a default profile can be set. It is also automatically set to 1st profile if the default is removed.

Todo:
Switching of profiles. Showing the correct profile in the User Interface.
Testing.

Good news is that everything does compile…

5 Likes

Nice, thanx for feedback. So good progress :slight_smile:

Code should be pretty much finished. There is the case of user setting “some” profile, with a narrow steering angle for example, and then user runs the motor configuration wizard. I will have to make it so that it will always be safe to do so. :thinking:

Mika you are rolling! :slight_smile:

Between working on this software and school are you getting any sleep?

I’m getting enough sleep, thanks for asking. This profile management thing, on the UI side, is more time consuming than I thought. I have yet to test any of this. End of the month for public release is starting look tight, but we are not too far off.

a few weeks sooner or later won’t make any difference.
You’re already flying :slight_smile:

Yeah, we kind of wanted to have this to have at least all of those features that many people are using in Mmos, and the profile management is the only missing thing…

Please Please do not release it to public until it is perfect!

My phone will never stop ringing if people have problems!
It will be bad enough with people not reading the instructions. :frowning:

My thoughts exactly! All that is there should be OK to use, and we want to help our partners, not cause much more work for them.

If you have any thoughts on how to improve instructions, or to make people actually read them, suggestions are welcome.

Maybe a hidden password in the manual :thinking: :stuck_out_tongue:

Any chance that we closed beta testers get the new version to test before this weekend?

re manual, I think that there should be a short section, maybe 1 page, were the bare necessary is described, i.e. installing bootloader, loading firmware, setting rotation degrees.

Will you be able to include a program to install the bootloader? because there I see probably the biggest obstacle for the casual user: going to an external site, dl the app and so on.

It looks like I won’t be able to test tomorrow at the office, and I will be out of town for the weekend. So, my first tests with profile stuff will be on Monday, so earliest closed-beta with profile management can happen is on Tuesday.