SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

You can use arrow keys (left and right). I would not like to clutter the UI with any more buttons.

Oupsss ā€¦ I didnā€™t know that. Thanks for your answer.

@Mika great news. I didnĀ“t know :wink:

Well 0.9.7 had complete disconnects that didnā€™t reset. It required a power cycle to get the simucube to reconnect. I never ran 0.9.8.

I am running an extension cable from the PC a USB hub on the rig where everything is mounted to. I think I have enough wire to move the Simucube closer to the PC, I might try hooking it up directly see if that makes a difference?

Try that, please. Try also with another USB hub in your current location, if possible, to exclude the possibility that the hub is somehow causing this.

Also try without the extension cable, hub might be having issues with that.

I can recommend you use USBDeview for this. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

Yeah, we recommend it too, but it is usually just as good to view via device manager.

I just wanted to say that so far 0.9.9 is amazing! I find myself turning up the FFB rate in my games. Not because its weaker, but somehow smoother and more manageable? Its really something. Thank you for all your hard work!

2 Likes

I have formatted my hard drive, and since then I can no longer launch the Simucube configuration program. Qt5Gui.dll is not found.
Thank you

Do you have that file in the same directory as the SimuCUBE Configuration Tool.exe?

Yes i have this one in the same directory.

Yep no problems here anymore even the centerpoint
Differents 2 degres is now fixed to 0 degres!
This 0.99 is the best of all
hours of testing in Iracing and rFactor2

I have again formatted, and now, no more problemsā€¦

0.9.10 is released, mainly a hotfix.

• IONI firmware update to 10706, fixes centering issue with SinCos encoders
  • Fix for IONI drive going to fault when using index point based indexing
3 Likes

And there was me thinking that the next release would be v1.0.0 and out of beta. All great stuff though. Still really enjoying this journey. This firmware just keeps getting better and better. Thanks.

Status update:

• Iā€™ve implemented the new commutation sensor setup dialog as a page that will only be shown in the Motor, Encoder and Center Point wizard if a BiSS-C encoder is detected.

• If user sets up this feature, it wonā€™t matter if user selected automatic or index point indexing; everything will be correct straight from power-on. (Needs testing)

• Todo: ensure that the index point indexing works; it reads the non-absolute encoder offset position, which need to be converted to absolute, and then use it.

After these tests and verifications, 0.9.11 should be close to release.

Unfortunately, I will be out of Finland for a week starting on Sunday, so there will be a bit of a hiatus of updates.

4 Likes

Hi Mika,

Just updated to 9.10 a few hours ago and its bloody awesome ā€¦ simply the best FFB experience (IMHO) Iā€™ve ever had with a sim.

Like others have reported i too have turned up the FFB Car level in Assetto Corsa, I was running between 40-50% but now running between 50-60% and enjoying more realistic steering forces without loosing any of the subtle effects (something that i felt with previous versions and MMOS) the motor control in 9.10 is notably smoother but the FFB effects seem to be more pronounced.

Congrats to you and the team for such awesome work.

Cheers
Jay

4 Likes

1 Like

Hi Mika, thank you ever so much for your tirelessly working and supporting simcube to this stage and the latest 0.9.10 release, which is a superb job. Its works a treat. Wonderful, thanks on behalf of everyone again!!!

2 Likes