SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread

I classified this as “funny”. If it is in fact a bug, I will rework it only for the next version. I have currently a version with following stuff:
Thursday: working biss c auto commutation, wheel always centered after phasing from every position.
Friday: fixed things I broke for normal encoders for automatic indexing mode
Over the weekend: test that biss c auto commutation still works as on Thursday

Etc…

Edit: this was all with the new fastupdatecycle() format, which acts a bit different compared to normal mode, so especially all the offsets applied to the encoder position are tedious

3 Likes

No dramas, it is a minor issue, easy to set Center manually …usually the issue would disappear if I setup wheel again from scratch, but this time it did not work.

So I can use manual Center after power-on for now, no issues.

Your progress is looking great there :slight_smile:

I am now going to visit very big Yongsan Electronics District here in Seoul, let’s see how that goes!

1 Like

dirt rally: additional tests between 0.9.7 and 0.9.9_pre3

I see an improvement difficult to explain

I feel softer effects or a transition between softer effects or softer friction ; I don’t know how to explain it but it’s better

1 Like

SimuCUBE firmware 0.9.9 has been released. It is exactly the same files that were in the 0.9.9pre4 release. Those that had 0.9.9pre3 do not need to update, they are functionally exactly the same.

9 Likes

0.9.9 working well on my Kollmorgen 54K with Biss 22bit. Cranked up the force a notch from before as it felt slightly weaker, but other than that feels great. Thanks Mika!

1 Like

Thanks Mika. Great job.

1 Like

Mika, got home. Upgraded and I’m getting disconnects again. Pre3 was fine, final is worse then ever. Same bug, or something different?

USB stack was reset due to being stuck busy : 2

Repeated until it goes back to

Command: Request Profile number : 0

edit

Tried to downgrade to pre3. Same issue, only change inbetween testing and release is the new Win10 update. Maybe that changed something?

I’m going to copy my two previous posts to make this easier to follow as I’ve found something interesting which makes the problem go away:

On my brand new PC/OS install, my desktop will sometimes become slow to initially respond during initial movement of windows, typing, etc. This also happens in my BIOS, each screen in the BIOS will take a long time to load and the mouse movements will stutter around, freeze and go, freeze and go especially whenever the mouse scrolls over each setting in the BIOS.

I tried many different experiments and it turns out that as soon as I unplug my OSW usb cable, the problem goes away; the mouse and BIOS screens will respond immediately (ie. normally). I can even plug the usb back in and the problem will immediately reoccur and as soon as I disconnect it, the problem goes away.

There seems to be some sort of USB issue that only happens with my OSW…"

"It’s an MSI Z370 Pro w/ an 8700k.

The problem happens on all ports: 5 at the back and 4 at the front.

I have upgraded the IONI firmware (I never before realized this doesn’t get upgraded during the Simucube update process) to the most recent version but the issue remains."

When this issue happens, it will go away if I go into the Nvidia Control Panel and disable G-Sync. As soon as I re-enable G-Sync, the problem comes back. As I mentioned in previous posts, it also affects PC and mouse response and movements in the BIOS so I don’t think it has anything to do with Nvidia…

Yeah, some people have reported issues with the latest windows 10 update, and the issues are not limited to SimuCUBE. I will investigate this myself when I update my rig’s windows.

Your issue is noted.

Can you comment on whether the issue goes away when you go to “Enable IONI Usb configuration mode”? In that mode, the SimuCUBE is not sending position reports to the PC.

You can also try to leave SimuCUBE in that mode and then investigate Bios behavior, to see if there is a difference.

Problem does not go away when I enable IONI USB Configuration mode. My typing as I write this is delayed as if there is a 0.2-0.5 delay in all my keystrokes. And my mouse moving on screen looks like my monitor refresh rate is 60 Hz or something instead of 120 Hz and it feels delayed too. I don’t know if this delay also affects pedal, shifter, and wheel inputs which would be very bad but it definitely affects mouse, keyboard, and desktop window movements.

Disabling G-Sync from the Nvidia Control Panel immediately fixes everything even in IONI USB config mode. Re-enabling G-Sync makes the problem immediately re-occur.

I am using Windows 8.1.

Then it is most likely not related to SimuCUBE’s code or anything like that. I think there is something funny happening in Windows or something…

What make&model keyboard&mouse do you have?

But it happens in BIOS too and only happens with SimuCUBE USB plugged in…I have tried it with no other USBs plugged in other than Keyboard and Simucube, and again with only SimuCUBE and mouse and the issue still occurs (tested in BIOS). As soon as Simucube is unplugged, issue immediately goes away in BIOS.

Mouse is Nixeus Revel Gaming Mouse (one of the highest end sensor on the market, PMW 3360) and keyboard is a cheap Azio Levetron L70 LED.

When the issue happens in Windows, GSync must be disabled or PC must be restarted (GSync can be enabled) to resolve the issue; simply unplugging the Simucube USB in Windows won’t resolve the issue. When the issue happens in the BIOS however, simply unplugging the Simucube immediately resolves the issue.

Some mouse create prpblem too in uefi bios. Could you try if disabling xhci in bios helps? It will slow your usb to 2.0 but if doesnt help you can change it back.

how to have the english version of the simucube tool?.. i got the italian translation but i dont like it.

edit: got it

Yeah, you just remove the the translations file from the translations folder.

Hello Mika,

I’m new here but old in your Simcube program. Great Work … really.
One question : Is it possible to assign some simucube function (rotation, dumping, friction, …) to keyboard, button box, button wheel ? It would be a great new feature for me/us/community ? In that way, i can modify the setting when i drive directly into the game …

Best regards.

Marc

Not possible at the moment, and not high on the list of features to do to the Configuration Tool.

I have been thinking about how to implement a simple way to increase/decrease the force level via buttons connected to the SimuCUBE button inputs.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer Mika.
In that way … Fanatec do an incredible job … and you can modify a lot of function (rotation, dumping, friction, …) when we drive directly into the game … I was thinking it would be a really a great features if it is in the Simucube for 4 functions (degrees rotation wheel, damping, friction, spring).

Other thing : In the profile, it is possible to have an another button “Update profiles from file” ?

Again thanks for the great work for the cummunity.

Marc