SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread 3

Firmware is officially released now. Mainly affects only those that have incremental encoders, but also some wireless wheel “forget all” things are now implemented.

3 Likes

1.0.30. Centering works fine here in my Big_Mige.

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Just upgraded, finally from 50.3, all working perfectly on new version. Great work Mika :slight_smile:

Big Mige ERN Encoder - ALL GOOD

Thanks for this, all’s working great, now I don’t have to re-center the wheel at every startup, I don’t even start the simucube software, two less things to do to go racing :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Update on the open source Simucube 1 Firmware development:

We have kept the source code up to date on Github, and even posted some issues about future plans in the repository.

Unfortunately there has not been any great interest in the development, and our future development path might again make it more difficult to release the project as open source (even partly). Therefore we are considering taking the repository offline at some point soon.

Thanks for the update @Mika
We will all look forward to whatever improvements/features that trickle down from SC2.
For the most part, I remain as happy with my SC1 as the day I first owned it, which is something I cannot say about any other prior wheel purchased.

At this point you should. You guys have given plenty of time to allow others.

Hello Mika
is there any work in progress on simucube 1 ?

Not specifically on Simucube 1, but there are exciting new projects going on that will likely get ported on Simucube 1 as well. We are currently in process of some major refactoring of software to expedite and enable future developments.

5 Likes

Great Mika and i am so happy to hear it even i might be one of the last mohicans doing DIY Simucube 1 building project but it is great to read that there are still some things coming for it.

1 Like

@ Mika
Is the Bumpstop issue still a problem with the newest SC1 Version?
The reason I ask is I have an early SC1 customer still on the beta firmware that wants to upgrade.

Thanks,
Joe

is the https://github.com/SimuCUBE/SimuCUBE-OpenSource-Firmware down ?

Yes, we took the repository down due to no activity. Frees up our development resources as we can now simplify the project structure.

Yes, we shall be compiling a test version with the bumpstop fix for Simucube 1 or 2 soon. Actually, there is already a test for Simucube 2,but not yet ready for wider public.

2 Likes

Okidoki sounds good.

Thanks for the response.
I will just keep the guy on the older firmware for now.

I’m on the latest FW on a big Mige with a SinCos, and I was not aware that there was a problem with the Bump stop, please enlighten me.

Get in a car on iRacing and pull out on track and start doing doughnuts.( Driving in a circle in one place)

Be very careful as the wheel might go crazy when you hit the Bumpstop.

It happens sometimes in accidents. They way I found out about it was I upgraded a guy to the newer firmware then he did the doughnuts and wheel went nuts and smacked his hand. At first it was thought he broke his hand, but we got lucky.

Worse thing was it was a top level pro driver in real world cars! Would have been very bad if he broke his hand.

Thanks for the information Joe.

I have not had that experience, and glad I didn’t, but maybe that is because I have set the bumpstop hard, and adjusted it so it felt like it did before.

I can’t remember when I did an update that made it possible to easy go over the normal bumpstop, but I remember I kept adjusting it as much as I could, så I still had a hard stop, without too much bounce back, and I have used that ever sins.

You are welcome Lars.

1 Like