SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread 3

Hello Mika,
have you thinked about a patreon?
Maybe it will help to motivate.

1 Like

Our plan is to release the newly tuned Directinput effect stuff and the Linux compatible USB interface also to Simucube 1, after they are ready for Simucube 2.

Regarding new sales, the manufacturing cost and difficulty in sourcing parts and low sales for Simucube 1 drove the decision to discontinue production. The price of the Simucube 1 board was 169€ VAT 0%, and the next batch would have been somewhere near 300€.

3 Likes

A update for christmas :wink:

I will be able to have a look at this the week after next week, when we are all back from Simracing Expo.

6 Likes

Christmas is coming :wink:

I did manage to get the usb descriptor and the effect code to Simucube 1 code base, but lets see when I can get test setup installed so I can verify that it all works. Possibly alpha test release before Christmas, but I’m not promising anything.

5 Likes

status update: was able to build the test setup and verify that firmware was on it, and that the motor settings were as they should. I should be able to proceed to doing a short test tomorrow.

6 Likes

Unbelievable, after over 6 years, using my SC1, we get an software update for it, that improved something. Where you ever has seen that, please?
Since over 20 years, that was the nicest pece of technic, that i buyed.
Thank you Mika, for your engagement!

Unfortunately the first test resulted in no FFB at all. Will need to investigate much more…

3 Likes

Fix that, now I get effects. But they are left running when quitting a game.
So, need a bit more glue between the new code from SC2 and the old code…

4 Likes

and now that is fixed as well. Only the indicator state was always wrong :smiley:

5 Likes

It’s progressing. its good :wink:

1 Like
  • bumpstop effect does not work
  • bumpstop going unsafe does not seem to work
  • damping effect was not able to be tested (no relevant game on my development PC)
3 Likes

I trust you will solve the problems

1 Like

Yep, nothing too difficult to solve now. But unfortunately it will after new year :frowning:

6 Likes

just managed to fix these. So just the actual driving testing needs to be done still, but I’m not visiting office until after new year.

3 Likes

I can test if it’s possible to downgrade on 1.0.40 if I have any issue

3 Likes

There is now beta available on request.

4 Likes

Oh, yes please!
Send it to me.
Thank you very much.

1 Like

Yes, please send it to me as well. I’m doing quite some testing on Linux right now, so having native FFB support would be nice. :slight_smile: