SimuCUBE Open Source Firmware Development Update Thread 3

Good morning,
are the project with open source comes next time?
Or how are the actual direction?

Thank you, have a nice day, Manuel

Open source code in Github is up-to-date at the moment. I’ve pushed all commits up to the latest released version there.

1 Like

Are there any working project, till now?

There have been few industrial simulator operators that have used the open source project as a basis for their custom projects, but otherwise it seems that nobody is developing open source at the moment.

Can we have an update on the status of 1.0.30 ?

The first attempt at fixing the centering didn’t result in a working fix, so back to drawing board on that one.

2 Likes

Good news everyone.

Anyone up for a test?

2 Likes

I am available, please just simple tests for me

I am ready…,…

This is just for non-Biss-C encoders, right?

Yes it is…

Firmware is officially released now. Mainly affects only those that have incremental encoders, but also some wireless wheel “forget all” things are now implemented.

3 Likes

1.0.30. Centering works fine here in my Big_Mige.

Thanks!!!

1 Like

Just upgraded, finally from 50.3, all working perfectly on new version. Great work Mika :slight_smile:

Big Mige ERN Encoder - ALL GOOD

Thanks for this, all’s working great, now I don’t have to re-center the wheel at every startup, I don’t even start the simucube software, two less things to do to go racing :grinning: :grinning: :grinning:

Update on the open source Simucube 1 Firmware development:

We have kept the source code up to date on Github, and even posted some issues about future plans in the repository.

Unfortunately there has not been any great interest in the development, and our future development path might again make it more difficult to release the project as open source (even partly). Therefore we are considering taking the repository offline at some point soon.

Thanks for the update @Mika
We will all look forward to whatever improvements/features that trickle down from SC2.
For the most part, I remain as happy with my SC1 as the day I first owned it, which is something I cannot say about any other prior wheel purchased.

At this point you should. You guys have given plenty of time to allow others.

Hello Mika
is there any work in progress on simucube 1 ?