SimuCUBE Firmware issues and debugging

I am sure everything so simucube and computer are grounded properly. And i grounded the rig and he pedals on the rig like Beano did in his tutorial.
Like i said last few weeks i ran over all wiring again and there is no problem there.
Only thing i could try is connecting the computer with an other group in my house using a extension cable to see if that sorts the issue.

But to be honest i don’t think anymore it is emi my guess is that it is related with the computer doesnt want to boot when is start up simucube first. Something that started some time ago. And with nothing changeing and the problem getting worse by the day…well i start pulling my hair.

Sorry for the wall of tekst i’ll try the other group test and test with laptop tonight.

Thanks @Mika

Windows Update Issues??? not sure but it seems like the latest version of windows has caused some unintended issues… Just curious if your computer updates before the re-start of the issues…

Hi bsohn and @Mika. Now i have been testing a while and searching what is causing my problem. Mika thinks it is EMI what is my problem but i think i have found it now. If you go back to the start of this thread i had the same problem and then i thought i found it in a buggy USB 3 hub. i then removed the hub and had to reorder my wires directly into the computer. This seemed to eliminate my problem but as time went by same problem occurred again and got worse by the day.

Now what i saw happening was that in windows control panel when i turned the wheel all game devices started to flicker and came back but my ascher buttonplate sometimes wasn’t recognized anymore and became an unknown usb device.
every time the flicker occurred it took windows a little time to “install” the devices again. This was the reason for my game (in my case rF2) to loose focus on the devices and thus cut off from FFB.
Because it happened when i turned the wheel i thought it was the simucube but in the end it turned out that the Ascher buttonplate (behind the rim) had a faulty coiled usb cable with an internal break. making contact and the other moment had a break. The buttonplate ran through the usb hub in the beginning before i removed the hub.

So now i shortened the cable and i have no disconnects anymore, Still in testing phase because i want to know absolutely sure. In the process i went back to MMOS and 1108 build for ioni firmware and atm i am still running MMOS.
When i am sure my hardware is okay i will come back to Simucube Firmware because that feels so much better then MMOS.

Sorry again for the long tekst.

Edwin

Great that you found it! An intermittent electrical connection (the bad cable) will send also interference on its own when it connects-disconnects-connects, which would easily cause strange problems. Also the USB hubs can get into some weird states with malfunctioning devices…

1 Like

Glad to hear you located it… hmm sounds like a thicker wired USB cable might have to be self made to (really) solve all these USB Cable issues (so they dont break so easily)… seems like there are a bunch out there with Faulty USB cables causing what seem to be hard to track issues.

2 Likes

Hi @bsohn, i have a question regarding the cable. I have searched the web but cant find a good coiled usb cable to replace the on from Martin. A thicker one would probably be better. Do you have any recommandations? Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi,
I recently got this cable and am very happy with it…
https://www.simracingmachines.com/WebShop/high-quality-din-connector-usb-cable

1 Like

I don’t have any recommendations as I use Bluetooth (which has its own issues) but it appears that @dpj463 does… Sorry I couldn’t be of more help on that one…

No problem thank you nevertheless for answering. Have nice Christmas days

Hi Has anyone had an issue with 9.8 uploading the DRC Files to the Ioni. on two new builds the motor failed to initialise and upon checking in granity the DRC file has not been loaded. I was able to load it in granity fine. On the 3rd build i used 9.7 with no issues.

Cheers

Troy

HRS

Someone reported the same on iRacing forums. Please supply a debug log when reporting new bugs. I haven’t had time to do things myself as of late… :slight_smile:

ok ill do that when i build my nex boxes.