Simucube 3 on the horizon?

Please take a look at some of our Simucube Tuner test releases next week, should alleviate your fear, uncertainty and doubt.

The answer on SC3 status

I am sure non ActivePedal users who have no need in that Tuner SW appreciate if you can just explain your plans on supporting cross wheelbase usage of SC2 BT wheels instead of some cryptic insulting reply.

The Simucube Link Hub has a Simucube Wireless Wheel receiver in it.

2 Likes

I knew it, there is a SC3, I will sell my sc2 fast !

It’s a central where everything gets connected. Wheels will connect to the wireless receiver and /or ethernet, pedals/shifter and other products will have ethernet, from there a single USB line to the PC.

Why you see this as a proof of a Simucube 3 waiting around the next corner?

Our future ecosystem will be based on Simucube Link.

Really?? I thought you can do better. It’s so bad to use this sucked off term. It doesn’t take more than 5 minutes to come up with a description/term that reflects reality and yet does not have an overly negative effect…

in the video you have posted, the simucube guy has answered, yes they work on SC3, not soon, but they work on it.

The video is not from me. I didn’t see it. Of course there will be a Simucube 3, Granite has to sell something too, all have to. The question more was if it comes this year. Which I think it won’t.

I found it weird that Simucube reps at expo could just casually admit in public to a total stranger that SC3 is actively in work, while on support board this information is guarded like nuclear codes.
How hard was it to say, yes it’s in work, but we do not have the release time when this or other threads on the same topic were started.
:man_shrugging:

1 Like

late 2025 I guess, so we have 2 more years for the SC2…

I think they were open about it because of course they’re developing a SC3. I don’t think it was ever an “if”, but an “when”.

Is there a way to upgrade from a Pro/Ultimate? For those who say “,Yes”, please share your thoughts with me on how the specs will look like.

A Simucube 3 is a must. A 4,5, too Aso Aso. Like Nvidia goes through the numbers so does iPhone, Mercedes, BMW. All constantly reinvent a product either needed, wished or both.

To get a substantial ROI they want to serve as many customer segments as possible. This is why I see the version 3 more in the entry level.

Granite is on the way to build its ground breaking PIVAC (Platformbased Incremental Value Adding Concept ), which will bind a lot of resources. So the version 3 is coming more likely a bit later.

I and others have pointed this out multiple times, but the biggest problem with Simucube 2 right now is the QR. It’s behind the times, objectively speaking. Beats Fanatec’s QR1 (especially the earlier iterations), but that’s about it. And any 3rd party options still don’t carry power or data.

Adding to the problem: Simucube’s own wireless wheels are more expensive than similar options from competitors, ostensibly because of the battery and wireless link.

So whatever SC3 becomes, it hopefully will have the best integrated QR on the market. Electrical connection (not wireless). At least as good as what Moza, Simagic, Asetek, and yes even Fanatec are doing (Fanatec’s QR2 is the best of the bunch, IMO).

So you just made that up in your head? I’m pretty sure the DD1-2 came out in 2019 possibly 2018 so who knows where you got 14 years old from

1 Like

What’s wrong with it exactly? It could only be better if your wheel was welded to the shaft

1 Like

Sorry, you’re 100% right. My google-fu is terrible today (it hit on the wrong “DD1”).

This has been exhaustively broken down but I guess we’ll repeat it yet again:

1. It’s not a “quick” release. Not only is the pin a bit clumsy, but the wheels get stuck on there, requiring the famous “knock” to remove a wheel.

2. No power or data integration.

It is clearly a quick release.

A quick release doesn’t need to be quick although it takes me less than 10 second’s to change a wheel, the idea behind any quick release is simply a way of attaching and detaching something without having to disassemble or unscrew anything, hence the name “quick release”

And a little bit of vaseline will prevent it from sticking

Why would I want power to go through the quick release?

A wheelbase is a wheelbase and that’s all it should be, we’re bolting a steering wheel to an industrial servo motor and that’s all we want and need

What you forget:
The majority of top high level steering wheels, especially those with a display and colour coding (buttons change to yellow if there is a yellow flag in the race, to red if the race is suspended Aso) rely on active powerd hubs. The displays work with Simhub and are touch sensitive.

Moza has a standalone display that doesn’t work through the QR, it needs a cable aswell. Those on the steering wheel are closer to toys and can’t be compared with first class products. That’s also the case for Simagic.

The steering wheel manufacturers that have access to the QR from Asetek still use a USB cable with a powered hub. The QR can’t replace the cable. None of these QR can deliver real time and live telemetry data afaik.

And even they could, what you use for telemetry to the pedals, to the bass shaker? USB.

The hype about that QR is a hype about a single USB cable you can get rid of, maximum.