Simucube 3 on the horizon?

Just buy whatever you fancy now, enjoy it and then when something that you prefer more comes available change to that. SC bases tend to keep their value pretty well.

I see my comments have been requested here.

I refuse to comment on anything as any comment would be interpreted in so many unintended overanalyzed ways…

4 Likes

Let me go through it word by word, then my analytics team will do the same. Asap everything is decoded I’ll be back :joy:

1 Like

It’s: form follows function, and not: form follows function aslong I like the form.

Plus:
you could get both, and then compare for yourself which one is better. You can throw the loser back into second hand market (or both, when your Simucube 3 unicorn hits the stores ).

But did you think about how your “no comment” would be interpreted?

Surely, if you say you don’t want to comment, it means that you could comment. :thinking:

:wink:

1 Like

SC3 confirmed! :joy:

4 Likes

You took the words right out of my mouth…
Meat Loaf , on a hot summer night

it must have been while we were laughing
Me, because otherwise…

2 Likes

Absolutely. Wouldn’t expect you to answer questions about an unreleased product. Appreciate your presence and interacting with us at all.

Xero-Play is a good one, switched to that a few months ago, it’s been more solid for me than the SQR and it probably doesn’t get any faster.

1 Like

8 words in the first sentence = SC3 in August

3 Likes

Hey, Simucube2 got a hollow-shaft, maybe there is an update on the way! :wink:

I will miss this thread when it finally dies.

6 Likes

I set up an intensive care unit for that. I spare no expense and hope that the box office revenue will recoup the expenses.

1 Like

Again: you took the words right of my mouth!

Hmmmmm… :upside_down_face:

https://x.com/simucube/status/1744713732402622820?s=46

1 Like

Nice showcase gadget!

wireless power supply someone once presented the example of VRS here, but it was quickly silenced. So it looks like you can power the wheel without a hole in the shaft :wink:

1 Like

Being wireless doesn’t mean the power can come from wherever. It still needs to be relatively close to minimize power loss during the transfer (vs. wireless phone charging for example).

So I doubt the charging “pad” could be too far from the wheel or at least as far as in the other end of the shaft. So the “pad” or wiring should be inserted into the shaft somehow, which could be possible. There’s some issues with springy connectors too though.

Or maybe I just misunderstood you comment :smiley:

Need an updated of Simucube 2 pro with a QR that allows the wireless connection of the steering wheels and some USB ports on the back… basically an Asetek Invicta

I can say, that our future simracing products are going to be based on the Simucube Link architecture. That means that devices are to be ethernet based with only one USB to the PC via the Simucube Link Hub.

Obviously that means that any such device on the network will not be any kind of USB device.

https://simucube.com/en-us/simucube-link-hub/