Simucube 2 Pro Wireless connection

Have you tried not turning it off? Did it make a difference?

maybe you just should build your own wheelbase and stop complaining on everything? why you have to turn off wireless scanning everytime? it’s f… nonsense you writing about for almost a year. It will not make SC2 feel better.

1 Like

It is not if you look at your CPU load from that animation and learn a thing or two about overcrowded 2.4GHz band and interference.
And why such attitude?

4 Likes

CPU load? u still using 386 CPU? :smiley: overcrowded 2.4Ghz? what’s the problem to use 5Ghz?

Can you change the frequency of SimuCUBE wireless to 5GHz?

don’t know about SC, but u definitely can change all other devices to 5. U can turn off 2.4 on your router. And if you talking about neighbors… i thought SC using BT, don’t think it’s lot of interference from neighbors wireless signal to SC BT. But anyway it’s not the point. As Mika advised, all this is so negligible and not worth time to spend on these changes. Better get update on filters and apply new features, to get better road feel.

You are dead wrong if you think WiFi is the only thing using the 2.4GHz band.

ok, and you dead wrong if you think i think only WiFi using 2.4, so what? but i know for sure that there are thousands of users of SC2 base and only 1 person - Andrew is constantly complaining about this wireless scanning.

Well, I want to be able to disable it as well. So we’re now two.

I just haven’t opened my mouth about it. Reasoning with the Finns about changing things is pointless.

1 Like

ok, so it’s 2 out of thousands :slight_smile: you’re just statistical error that distracts developers…

Maybe, I was just pointing out that there are a lot more things than WiFi on the 2.4GHz band.

1 Like

Mind you I am not the one who started the thread.
In this thread alone there are more than two people in the same boat, some reply, some just put likes, count those too.
5GHz is a wonderful thing, unfortunately only works on short distances, quite a problem if you have a big house, and all other BT devices are still on 2.4Ghz.
And stuttering in CPU intense titles esp. in VR from background running programs is a real thing, doesn’t matter how powerful your CPU is, it’s all about thread scheduling.
Doesn’t matter how small impact is, why do I need to cope with it if I have absolutely no plans to use wireless feature of SC2 in its current implementation?
And from software design perspective, having program remembering previous state which includes window position, size, wireless scan state, last used tab and profile, etc. is just a standard industry practice.
Think about that too.

3 Likes

TD only takes excessive CPU cycles if you have it the window showing. If it is minimised it takes almost 0.

BLE has minimal interference with WiFi as it uses different channels of the 2.4GHz spectrum.

A device using BLE Central mode (the SC2) doesn’t transmit it just monitors the BLE bands for a peripheral device (the wheel) to advertise at which point the central device starts transmitting and a handshake is done.

There really is no need to be able to have the ability to disable it.

2 Likes

I can appreviate: BLE uses constant frequency hopping on all available channels on the 2.4GHz spectrum, although 1-2 channels are available for the discovery/pairing mode broadcasts. For example Wifi selects one channel and stays on it.

Correct, it only tries to do anything if it hears a suitably named device in pairing mode, and then handshakes and other data exchanges are done.

1 Like

so, in effect, “do not connect automatically” checkbox off will cause the system to just listen without any transmissions, if no wheels are previously paired.

1 Like

let’s be honest… i don’t know much about engineering and coding myself, but my circle of friends are hardware and software engineers and they always talk about the quality of engineers overseas, especially when they come for interviews. the biggest issue is cutting corners/delivering what’s needed without expanding much. it’s not always the case and it seems that the overall sc2 product is incredibly done (a testament to the engineering quality), but on the other hand you can definitely see how certain things feel incomplete/“cut”. i’m new to this wheel and overall, these guys take their product seriously and continue to grow and expand on their product features.

Thank you, Mika, I followed your advice. I use a USB wheel (Ascher) on my Simucube 2. I try to avoid interference and unnecessary electromagnetic emission so I did not install the antenna and turned off “automatic scanning” to “no automatic connection”.