Simucube 2 Pro vs Simucube 2 Ultimate

The irony that these non Chinese encoders are most likely manufactured in China as well, just more expensive.
Small Mige (Chinese motor) with their encoders (there were few iterations) has been a golden standard in this community for many years.

I think that 90% of the people see the difference in price between Pro and Ultimate ā€¦.LOL

(agree with you of course)

Yes, especially if youā€™re not a professional racer or simracer and likely wonā€™t be able to tell the difference other than torque. All in all I decided to stay with my dd1 and wait for Simucube 3 or maybe go for Asetek if they become less toyish in design but I think Simucube 3 will be something extraordinary since 2 is so good.

By doing reviews I have the opportunity to try everything, asetek and very close to sc2 using practically the same control board The big but is on the engine, even if the Mige engine was customized it has a coggin Both when turned off and when turned on, very noticeable, especially for a user who has been using GD products for some time The thing that surprised me is that even in sc1 Migeā€¦ As for sc3 I wonder if we really need it today given that we already have the best base and the problem is the software Which isnā€™t up to par

Mika has also always recommended Ultimate to a different kind of audience, however I understand that many have the opportunity and want to have the best on the market

Which audience did he refer to?

I donā€™t know what exactly he refers to either.

Unfortunately I didnā€™t have a chance to test Simucube or Asetek, but according to most reviewers, Asetek is a little better in terms of ffb and also gives the option of not having to deal with cables and batteries, and as I understand from many comments on Reddit , this is the main reason why to choose Asetek, the main drawback of Asetek for me is the design, and it seems that not only for me, also they are quite new, it raises questions about long term reliability, so I think that if there is a Simucube with the new qr, there will not be questions about which base to buy.

1 Like

I remember some post in which he talked about a more professional environment than a home environment, this is also to take advantage of the telemetry part that can be taken out of the U,ltimate base, as I donā€™t think it will interest most home users

How can it have better force feedback if the electronics are simucube ones? Honestly, it uses engines that have greater cocking even when turned on and with the filters you can hear the serration, But in the total absence of filters they seem lighter, for example for me it is not an important aspect seen Which however I always use a bit of friction and a bit of dumping

My wheels oscillate only with filters at high settings. I also use a little bit of friction and maximum damping at 2. Gaming titles are so different, and some cars are working better than others within the same game. Fe rally cars in AC are never as good as RSS hybrid cars. F1 games have a numb FFB, and itā€™s either not existing or much too heavy.
Concerning QR: the one from Asetek is around Euro 130, and if a problem occurs there is no easy solution like changing an USB cable. Simucube QR is rock solid, simple in design and functionality, and does its job very good.

I honestly do not remember much or any ā€œcoggingā€ with Small Mige, but as you mentioned filters now that probably makes sense as damping and friction were on a rough side with MMos.

Thatā€™s a good question. Personally, I donā€™t know, in some reason most reviewers think so. Maybe there are some small differences that make them better, or it could be something to do with the software. In my opinion, ffb is quite a subjective thing and thatā€™s why some people say that they canā€™t even tell the difference between Simagic U and Simucube 2 Pro. Unfortunately, many people do not have the opportunity to test different bases and find what is best for them, so the only way is to rely on the opinions of other people, but there is no guarantee that their feelings will coincide with yours.

I agree with you about the Asetek qr as there seem to be some issues with them, but in my opinion the Chinese bases now have the best qr, they also seem to be reliable, wireless, cheap and similar to the qr of many real cars, and it seems that you can connect the wheel with a cable to the base if such a need arises. Fanatec is also releasing a new qr, but honestly Iā€™m tired of waiting. As you mentioned, Simucubeā€™s qr gets the job done, but I think the new iteration will be better in most aspects, in my opinion, if something can be wireless and battery free, thatā€™s the direction to go.

1 Like

We also need to talk about the Chinese Quicks, itā€™s a matter of luck, some perfect, others with a bit of play

When switched on the sc1 is imperceptible for me too, on the Asetek Forte and Invicta it is evident even when switched onā€¦

1 Like

I would ask myself a few questions about the reviews you mentioned, even the biggest reviewer says he perceives a difference in latency between his hands, Since they use the same electronics, Iā€™d like to know what @Mika think about thisā€¦
The same reviewer doesnā€™t hear the cogging even when turned on but he hears the latencyā€¦ Personally, it scares me that it is the most followed channelā€¦They are products that have an imperceptible latency and tools are needed if one really wants to calculate itā€¦ And he can even hear the differenceā€¦I also agree that force feedback and sensations are very subjective, But personally I feel like saying that it is objective that some words are moved by other dynamicsā€¦

Simucube 2 has a latency under a millisecond, the possibility to reduce generated latency from the use of filters, and from using these filters at higher settings through ullm mode. I agree with you: to measure the latency it needs a technical environment. To sense itā€¦I doubt aswell.

And I personally find it shocking that this is said by the one who is considered by all to be the greatest reviewerā€¦ I personally didnā€™t even consider that a review but I understand that you have the eyes of an inexperienced person It may have had a different effect

I remember that video. He stated it would be difficult to sense it when doing a blind test. Nevertheless he also claimed that it would be kind of thereā€¦I think that the difference in the dynamic of slew rate, especially between Sport and Ultimate, is something you will noticeably sense. But latency??? I donā€™t think so too .