Simucube 2 Pro Error

But do they supply enough power? :wink:
And is the load per PSU 50/50?

i have nothing to measure it unfortunately…i tried a few different sockets but nothing changed…

The load per PSU is evenly shared, but not if their output voltage is too far off in the units.

i will get a multimeter tomorrow and will try it

The expected output voltage is near 48.0 volts, and you can use the pinout on the PSU datasheet for reference:

thank you mike, i will let you know how many volts i have tomorrow :slight_smile:

okay now i got my multimeter, one osu has 48,3V the other 48,9V.
So I think the PSU´s are not the problem…

I got that same fault 2 times. And i pushed the stop button inn and out and it fixed it.

Also it would be wise to run it on its own circuit. Dont share same extension cord with pc and screens. It will draw alot of amps during curbes. Even tho it shows right volt when nothing draw power, Might not maintain same understress.

Hi Nick,

it is already running on its own circuit…it doesnt matter if I push the stop button ore not cause the base is not responding any more…
But I agree with you that the volts are okay know but I dont know how fine they are under stress…

It is likely that they are too much apart. Please contact your reseller for further support.

1 Like

I will do that, thank you for your support anyway!

@Mika

Is PSU testing/matching something that you might implement into the final check process before units get dispatched, if it isn’t done already?

I’m just thinking that it could save on future issues for both customers, dealers and GD.

1 Like

Was my exact thought when I read this thread.
Obviously this is not isolated issue as there were same reports before.
If matching PSUs is so crucial, why leave it up to end user to find the mismatch the hard way?

Hey guys,
this is the exact same problem i have. How did you manage to solve it in the end?

What’s the tolerance for voltages?

I still have the odd issue with mine causing errors - or beeping unexpectedly.

I measure mine to be 48.3 and 48.6.

James

Those voltages sound as if they are not as well matched as they should be, going from this post and the subsequent replies below it.

Yeah, we have had to replace the PSU’s for exactly one unit thus far.

If you can find a power level that will suit you without the PSU tripping for a few weeks, that would be great. Most of our support team is on summer holiday and we can only handle the most urgent cases.

Aha - my issues sound similar to that post - quick input movements on the steering wheel cause it to beep.

I’ll experiment with lower power levels to see if that fixes it until you can get to me.

Quick input movements is the hands off detection being triggered. Lessen its sensitivity.

I believe it was also beeping in game when forces get high.

I will double check this tomorrow.