Simucube 2 in F1 2021

Hi,

I got my SC2 R1 today, trying to use it in F1 2021 but even though it auto creates a profile named Simucube 2 Pro, it doesnt assign anything into it. I am able to assign almost everything but when i try to assign for example the switches to navigate through menus i get " you can only map menu controls for devices that have no preset control scheme " - I have created a new control scheme but still i get no luck from this, any ideas please ?

If I get it right you want to connect a button on your wheel with Fe DRS, fuel mix, pit limiter and similar? If yes, then you have to do it in F21. In game you can put whatever is offered from the game to a button. In TD you define torque, filters Aso. I don’t have wireless wheels and don’t know what you can address there. I assume that game specific settings are not supported

Thanks, all those buttons i can map fine but if i try to map any menu button, it doesnt work, i get " you can only map menu controls for devices that have no preset control scheme "

So i can drive but i cannot surf the menus on my wheel, if anyone has any ideas would be great please !

To move in menus I think you need a funky switch. Or a wheel with enough buttons. I know that I have “back” “go to track” assigned to wheel buttons in F1 2020. 21 is most likely the same

sorry if im being super dumb but what do you mean by funky switch ?

Above the funky switch on my wheel. It goes in all directions (like a controller stick), you can push down Aso. In menus you use it to go up, down, left right…

I have a link for you:

You will need to manually customize the simucube_2_pro.xml (C:\Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\F1 2021\actionmaps) profile to be able to assign buttons to navigate through the menus.

The following actions can be added to the actionmaps for simucibe_2_pro.xml

<Action actionName="MFD Button">
                <Axis axisName="di_button_13" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
            </Action>
			<Action actionName="MFD Menu Up">
                <Axis axisName="di_button_18" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
            </Action>
            <Action actionName="MFD Menu Right">
                <Axis axisName="di_button_35" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
            </Action>
            <Action actionName="MFD Menu Down">
                <Axis axisName="di_button_19" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
            </Action>
            <Action actionName="MFD Menu Left">
                <Axis axisName="di_button_33" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
            </Action>
			<Action actionName="Menu Accept">
                <Axis axisName="di_button_31" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
            </Action>
			<Action actionName="Menu Back">
                <Axis axisName="di_button_23" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
            </Action>
			<Action actionName="Menu Up">
                <Axis axisName="di_button_18" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
            </Action>
            <Action actionName="Menu Down">
                <Axis axisName="di_button_19" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
            </Action>
            <Action actionName="Menu Left">
                <Axis axisName="di_button_33" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
            </Action>
            <Action actionName="Menu Right">
                <Axis axisName="di_button_35" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
            </Action>
            <Action actionName="Menu DPad Up">
            </Action>
            <Action actionName="Menu DPad Down">
            </Action>
            <Action actionName="Menu DPad Left">
            </Action>
            <Action actionName="Menu DPad Right">
            </Action>
			<Action actionName="Menu Shoulder Left">
                <Axis axisName="di_button_8" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
            </Action>
            <Action actionName="Menu Shoulder Right">
                <Axis axisName="di_button_9" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
            </Action>
            <Action actionName="Menu Trigger Left">
                <Axis axisName="di_button_22" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
            </Action>
            <Action actionName="Menu Trigger Right">
                <Axis axisName="di_button_26" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
            </Action>
			<Action actionName="Menu Extra1">
                <Axis axisName="di_button_25" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
            </Action>
            <Action actionName="Menu Extra2">
                <Axis axisName="di_button_24" type="uniDirectionalPositive" deadZone="0.0" saturation="1.0" />
            </Action>

The di_button_xx refers to the button number (recognized by the F1 2021) - 1. When assigning a button within the game, if the button is labeled “32” then in the xml file this button would be represented as “31”.

I’ve attached my simucube_2_sport.xml profile which is based on Ascher F28-SC V2.
Note: I do not know where the profiles created within the game are stored. I searched everywhere and its a mystery.

Hope this helps.
simucube_2_sport.txt (6.6 KB)