Simucube 2 - Game issues

RFactor 2 - detects the SC2 Pro, but motor feels like it’s turning through gravel. Un-drivable. Feels like you’re damaging the motor.

Dirt Rally - weird high pitched buzz from the motor when in menus, and game.

F1 2017 / F1 2018 / Project Cars 2 - unable to detect the wheel.

I’ve seen the analogue assignment button in the TD software. I suspect this will help the last issue, but I don’t know what to do with.

iRacing runs like a dream!

I had the same problem with rFactor. All you had to do was use the correct settings. I used this link to http://simracingpaddock.com/simucube-open-sim-wheel-sim-setup-guide/.

In the Dirt Rally, the steering wheel moves slightly from side to side and beeps. If I use a different profile, it’s fine.

Thanks @mory I’ll take a look at that tonight.

But I have one question. In Dirt Rally 2, when I quickly turn the counter, the steering wheel beeps and the ffb turns off for a moment. What should I try to set up? @Mika

Do you have the hands off detection on “high” @mory ? for me, that caused this issue in rally, because you sometime intentionally let the wheel slip through your hands or quickly counter steer.
Setting it to “mid” should help

Yes… i will try it. Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you have the pro @mory? I tried those rFactor settings, but it’s still Driving with gravel.

Yes… Do you try this Controller.JSON? https://www.dropbox.com/s/v9aesx6vdk79rtb/Controller.JSON?dl=0

If not put it here steam/steamapps/common/rfactor 2/userdata/player

1 Like

Is that same one that was in the article you linked? If so, I’m using it.

Maybe it’s something in my TD settings?!

This is my TD settings… http://prntscr.com/nxkbap

I have issues with any game other than iRacing - I think that sums it up quite good. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: and I am/was a SC1 user.

1 Like

I did come up with some inconclusive results with rFactor2 testing today. I’ll get back on it tomorrow. It almost felt like a firmware issue to me - one moment it was fine, the other there was the horrible grainy buzzing sound from the motor.

2 Likes

My money is on the firmware. I’ve just tried @mory settings, and it still feels awful to me. I took the AC Cobra out around old Monaco, lots of rattling. Also, don’t hit any kerbs!

1 Like

Raceroom feels grainy and the ffb makes loud digital metallic noises all the time. This is more annoing then a Logitech g25/g27/g29. The motor sounds like it’s broken!

So does AC as long as any artificial ffb effects are activated. Make sure to turn off road, curb, abs and slip effects.

1 Like

Anyone with the same issue? No ffb in pcars2 at all. My mate has ffb but we can’t figure out why.

Edit: fresh install of pcars2 solved it. But feels way worse than on SC1. There is horrible chatter in corners.

I have issues in RaceRoom:

• no road feel whatever setting I try (from latest discussion or based on SC1 profiles)

• if I exit the game to menu while driving the FFB doesn‘t stop properly and wheel turns in one direction

• depending on setting extreme oscillation (as soon as you take the hands off the wheel)

In Assetto Corsa:

• when exiting under driving FFB also doesn’t stop properly. Sometimes wheel is heavily turning! Need to stop car properly to calm down ffb.

I am coming from a OSW with MMos but never experienced these problems (at least not that massive).

If anybody experienced the same and found solutions: Any tips are welcome!

I have similar problem in Raceroom.

When I hit the car and damage the steering going back to the pits does not fix the problem, I have to exit to the main menu to fix it.

This makes the game not playable.

1 Like

just assign the button „reset force feedback“ on raceroom options.

3 Likes

Jolt magnitude at zéro ?