Simucube 2 Discussion Thread

That was really cool, 8 more days for delivery :grinning:

Hello guys. Will someone be kind enough to share settings from True Drive software which are recomended for various sims. We Simucube 1/ Osw users are in dark since suddenly Simucube 2 was announcedā€¦ thanks

What settings do you mean? Theres a ton of games, and there should be a thread for every game based on simucube 1 since itā€™s an older device. Just read through the threads.

yeas I know that! I mean settings inside true drive software from the suggested profiles. I was watching Beano testing SC2 on youtube few months ago driving formula car in iRacing. Settings that he used I have them transformed to SC1 and I like them a lot, I am using them even today. It will be good to know what settings are sugested for rf2, ac, acc, raceroom from the devs. I know there are threads for each sim here but why not to try what devs have to say :slight_smile:

The community has lots and lots of different opinions on how the FFB should feel like. I do not have any recommendations on what to use as such - typically I use minimum amount of damping and friction in all titles, but some of the profiles in True Drive are made by me and have more damping and friction too, and people seem to like them still. Very difficult to recommend any single settings :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Any filter or setting i can apply in true drive to reduse the force the wheel have when returning from A oversteer? Its usaly so strong i can mange to catch it to prevent the car to go the other way

1 Like

Found this :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Youā€™re a little late for the party, 7 posts above yours.:wink:

New video:

8 Likes

Is there a way to avoid the wheel centre bug whereby whenever i make changes with truedrive the wheels centre goes off by -360 or +360 degrees?

It make dialing my settings in more frustrating. Iā€™ve tried with both e-stop in and out to no luck.

I seem to remember this being discussed before but i couldnt find it with search.

It is on the list of things to fix at the moment, and right on top of that list.

2 Likes

Do changes only on straights, avoid to do changes on pit with the wheel turned.
Make changes on the fly, save changes out of car.

That is a good point, all changes are applied automatically but the save button does additional things (permanent save). This should only happen on save button presses at the moment, and you only need to do that when you actually want to save permanently.

Results from 1.0.9 testing has been encouraging and nobody has suggested any changes to parameters! :open_mouth: However a good suggestion that the underlying parameters could be shown as well, but will have to think about how to do that without cluttering the UI too much. And user can always click ā€œGo to advanced modeā€ to see how the parameters are in there.

Need to test the fix for ā€œPro is a Sportā€ identity issue with my Pro over the weekend. I feel like being a psychologist curing some patient suffering from depression and who feels not being good enoughā€¦

4 Likes

Downloaded and installed 1.0.9

• During the FW update I got a different font in the update screen
  • During the FW update the last screen to reboot the SC2 only got visible after clicking a different screen

Clicked through some options, but as a techie I got confused with the simple mode :face_with_raised_eyebrow:
Before the update I made folder backups and changed everything back to my own default profile.

Will test some options later today, first Singapore FP2 and finish some work :slight_smile:

Yep, the simple mode has no means of tracking what users do in the advanced mode, so thats why there is a reminder about that (automatic re-instating of last used simple profile parameters) when user wants to go back to simple mode.

Moreover, the 1.0.8 can be still used BUT if any of the profiles were in the simple mode, the official 1.0.10 update will say that they are in simple mode and upon switching to such profile,the simple mode setting will be used.

1 Like

Just something I was thinking about:
Would/could it be a possibility to use 1 setup in advanced mode and another in simple mode?

I understand why a simple mode would be beneficial, but if I want tot test something for a friend (also SC2 Pro) I would be changing every thing right know. And me changing to simple mode is not something I would choose if I have the choice :wink:

Yes, the simple or advanced is a per-profile setting. Same profile in both modes is not possible.

Just fired up iRacing to try Monza, with the new 1.0.9 I had the feeling the steering was more grainy than with 1.0.8.
Chained some settings and almost directly tried to grab my wheel, on that specific moment my wheel turned from 0dgr to Ā±140/150dgr at ā€œfull forceā€ hitting me on my left thumb. (Luckily only on 44%)

This didnā€™t happen before the updateā€¦

/edit
Tried to reproduce with high torque disabled and think I found this:
After changing a setting and saving it with the button (not needed, I know) if you move the wheel during that first 1 a 2 sec the wheel rotates(/snaps) left to 204.55dgr
Regardless of any limbs in vicinityā€¦

I have only just been able to set my SC2 up this afternoon and start to play around with it. Couple of questions if anyone can help.

1. I get a random beep when I am driving, generally happens going around corners?
  2. I have the device randomly turn itself off on me during play.

Anyone have any thoughts? I have an SC2 Pro.

Thanks in advance.

Disable hands-off sensitivity setting.