Simucube 2 D-sub 15 pin usage

Thanks Beano, i will look into use a load-cell amp to connect into the back of the SC2 or use a separate USB Load Cell board.

Cheers Mate, no dramas! Between Bodnar and DSD, you have good options with 16-bit controller-boards available.

i actually have the pressure transducer wired to a DSD 12bit controller currently but recently i am seeing lot of spiking in the brake pedal signal.
i have already tried bleeding the system few times and redo the connection with little improvements.
that is why i am looking to options to test if could be the sensor or the board or something else…

Hi all!
Just bought a shifter to connect directly to SC2 Accesory Port.
My question is, is it mandatory to use pin2-GND to one button and pin15-GNDto the other? Can I connect the 2 buttons to 1 GNDpin only?

Im Planning to connect the shifter right below my Handbrake and I want to use the same GND pin for Handbrake and 2 buttons

You can use the same GND pin.

1 Like

Done!
Handbrake & Seq shifter

2 Likes

Nice job ! Is it possible to connect Fanatec SQ Shifter to D-SUB connector ? How to do ?

Dont know, but I think is not possible because the integrated control board.

My shifter was custom made without usb controller, buttons only are welded to connector

This is a YT video to connect fanatec handbrake to HE or other controller. I think it will be possible to do the same with Shifter SQ.

1 Like

Fanatec Handbrake looks straight forward to be conected to SC2 using analog inputs, but SQ shifter is a hall sensor IIRC that needs to translate position Into digital buttons

1 Like

There is an old thread for Simucube 1 on this forum: Fanatec H-Shifter and Simucube

2 Likes

so, it looks like there are hall effect sensors and related electronics in the shifter. Perhaps it is SPI, perhaps not, I wasn’t able to find out.