SIMUCUBE 1 MIGE 130st-am15015 Motor fault 440502

i just reinstalled those drivers and no change

Moikka Mika,
It might help if he reflash FW to the Simucube, and allow time for Ioni FW to update then at the end. Could be that process has been interrupted, I have seen similar situation in the old days with earlier Ioni FW versions.

Might also be one of those cases where he actually will have to revert to old 0.50.4 I think it was, and then do stepwise update from there. I had a post here somewhere about similar case 4-5 years ago, when Joe Sullivan couldn’t get one unit to allow configuration of Ioni.

I think it was so that Ioni FW was very old and Simucube just wouldn’t flash it, and also wouldn’t connect to it. Of course, here is another problem in wiring, but would be first step to get basic configuration working and set Ioni also to Simucube mode in drive FW, make sure parametrization is correct.

Not required. The screenshot shows he already has the correct firmware. And the initialization is not stuck on fw update. It is stuck on servo drive not initializing due to e-stop wiring or button issue.

Yeah, but still, Ioni should show up in list once you enable the link to Ioni drive.

I now note the screenshots with 10720fw on Ioni, so indeed it seems ok. Just then wondering why list is not populating, it should do so irrespective of e-stop condition. Or was it so that when e-stop was active, you couldn’t enter the config tool at all.

I can’t remember, but I don’t think this was the case. Even with servo disconnected, you could enter Ioni and configure stuff. Of course, would be easiest if the setup just initialise, but at the end, would be good to anyway be able to change Ioni configuration for whatever reason.

is there a way to by pass the button to see if that is it?

Yes, you will have to physically connect the pins on the connector with jumper wire.

i bypassed the switch and got the same fault

Did you still use the same wiring for the button?

as in the wire that goes from the estop to 1x?

Yes. I think the most straight forward would be to rule out the wiring by just using a jumper directly at the connector on the Simucube.

I took apart the connectors on the end of the wire and 2 of them were disconnected. I thought having a aviation engineering company put the wire together would be a little more reliable! It was the U and V wire

Thank you.

The only thing now the base is very clunky. it spins fine without the force added. once force is added to it, it gets very clunky as you turn the wheel.

What could case this?

If it is very clunky, then the U/V/W order is wrong.

Switch any two of the U/V/W wires between each other, or alternatively if you can get access to Granity, change the AXI Invert checkbox if it is checked (or uncheck if it it was checked already).

nailed it. The U and V wire was reversed.

you guys are amazing.

thank you

Last question.

The wheel feels like it doesn’t have a center to it. You have to fight it from moving left or right. the wheel does not stay centre

is this a software thing or settings?

It could be the sim settings too. Is the desktop centering spring working to correct direction? It only works when there is no game running.