SimuCUBE 1 E-Stop is PRESSED Issue

@Mika @bsohn

gave another go with the paperclip and I had to install the Simucube firmware again. Now the Mige motor turns “hones”. It’s a Biss C encoder and it wasn’t doing that before.

The status of the E-Stop has changed now and I have a different fault ID now and what does it mean?

140407STO has been activated, but can be be caused by a drop in logic supply voltageProvide stable logic supply to drive and to STO inputs

I’m going to have a go at cutting the e-stop wires and twisting together.

Yep, unstable signal from the e-stop switch or wiring will cause that fault.

@Mika @bsohn

I think cutting and twisting the wires has made the motor to work again with FFB!

Now what do I do about the E-Stop and it’s Wires as I want to sell it and upgrade to a SC2 Pro… eventually?

Video showing the success

Buy a new estop switch… apparently it is bad… you should be able to then reconnect it and have it work. They are about 5-10$ on eBay for a relatively decent one.

@Mika @bsohn

I found out by chance what caused the problem with the E-Stop.

I was looking around town for a round replacement cable (current cable is flat) and when I unscrewed the RCA plug to show the salesperson, the RED wire was SNAPPED AT THE SOLDERED JOINT.

I was too focused on another troubleshooting areas but in the back of my mind I had a hunch that there was something wrong with the RCA plug all this time.

I rang a local repairer and I’ll see them on Friday to fix the E-Stop wires I cut on SimuCUBE MB and properly repair the E-Stop this time so it doesn’t flex.

Sometimes it is just something relatively simple… and you think why didn’t I check that first after you find it…

1 Like

@Mika

Went to the repairer yesterday and he soldered in a new wire for the E-Stop from MB to female connector. Funnily enough, he said the RCA was not the right connector for this purpose too. I wonder what connector I could use instead? Something like a screw type with a gland for oval cables. All is working like it should.