I didn’t want to deal with SC2 stock chasing, and to be honest, I wanted higher torque ceiling and in Japan there’s a possibility I can ask a friend in Taiwan or maybe order a Mean Well PSU for a better price. Plus avoiding overseas shipping for anything I can (except of course the SC controller and driver board).
So here’s the part list so far:
- Simucube 1 from Granite Devices Product Page (25000￥ shipped)
- IONI Pro from Granite Devices Product Page (26000￥ shipped) I know, I realized I could’ve saved $30 ordering together… (Emailed their support team, hopefully I can just add the IONI and have them ship together)
- 130ST-M10010 (Emailing Lisa Zhan, have no idea how much this will cost, trying to see if other people in Japan want to do a group buy to reduce shipping costs) (35000￥ or maybe 45000￥ with Biss encoder???)
- Mean Well NDR-480-48 directly from a Mean Well supplier in Japan 10000￥
Total: Approximately 96000￥ to 106000￥ delivered. (I have a spare cube shaped SFFPC case I’ll use for housing and a 3d printer).
For comparison: SC2 Sport delivered is around 136000￥ and Fanatec DD1 through Japan dealer is 159000￥ (Same price as SC2 Pro delivered).
Questions I have:
- Can MiGE provide shielded cables?
- Is the price difference to get an encoder directly from MiGE more expensive than another source?
- Is the NDR-480-48 good enough to overdrive a small mige to 25NM? (I think around 16A). I tried to calculate this using the Nm/A and the winding resistance of the small mige, but the numbers I got were really low for 25Nm, like 400W and that didn’t match information I found online with people saying a 480/720 burst was needed.
- Are there any issues with this part list?