SimuCUBE 1 advice

Hi people.

I have:
SimuCUBE based OSW kit with CM110 case
Servo Motor: MiGE 130ST-M10010 20Nm 10000ppr (40000cpr)
PSU: Mean Well 480W/720W peak (Noiseless) 30Nm
Servo drive: Ioni Pro HC (25A)

With settings in pictures. I don’t know much about this system so I am wondering is this ok regarding firmware and settings. Don’t really know if I am missing on something as this is my first direct drive wheel experience.
Also q about simucube config tool Damping setting. Some suggest to use like 3.5%. If I do this, it feels like notchy when turning the wheel, like it is trying to constantly correct movement; and a lot of resistance, like Friction would do. Is that normal? I can’t use more then 1%, don’t feel this is right…

Thanks.

Hi,

The maximum torque level on the device could be upped a bit, but its not significant as you are not using the full torque anyway.

The Damping/Friction notchiness is coming from the 40000 CPR encoder, and it would feel a lot smoother with higher resolution encoder.

So I would need an encoder upgrade, can’t seem to find any available.
Will keep looking.

Thanks for your time.

Regards

I’ve heard you can get a Biss C encoder directly from Lisa at MIGE. Shouldn’t be more than $40 or $50 USD shipped, I imagine.

You can get it directly from Lisa.
Your costs are far off though.
Encoder is about $60, cable set is $30 plus about $50 shipping to Eastern USA.

The encoder cable is different than the 5k,10k etc. You can not just buy the encoder cable. You must buy the set.

You will also still need to make a spacer to put a BISS C on a motor that had a 10k etc.