Simcube2 pro arcing when connection is plugged

Hi, i would like to know if arcing is possible if you re supply cable is connected to you re simcube and u touch the power supply cable that is connected to the simcube could arcing(sparks) happen inside the connection? Or its only if u try to unplug the connection from Simcube2 pro when power supply is fully charged and connected to the outlet wall? Thank u for any response to this topic.

If the power supply cable is firmly plugged in to the unit so that the locking clip holds it, then the cable should be secure and there is not going to be arcing inside the connector. You should not have any additional weight or a very tight bend on the cable either, those would put loads on the connector that it is not designed for. Read below for more information:

There is a large warning note about always having the PSU disconnected from mains when connecting the PC side power cable. Connecting the mains AC cable to mains is the last step in the installation. This is due to there being possibly to be arcing inside the connector. That arcing causes oxidation and even heat up of the conductive surfaces. The connector is not designed to be hot plugged and any damage due to this is mis-use of the products.

The Molex Minifit connector used here is a widely used connector in the industry, and is also used inside the PCs as the PCI-express power cable. That application is the original design case for the connector. Permanent install, a typical user would exchange the graphics card likely once or twice a year. Even without arcing, the tension on the conductive surfaces on the connector that keeps the connections solid is designed to last for around minimum of 20 connection cycles, i.e. is not meant to be a connection that you would do e.g. daily - more like a long time installation. Therefore it is well possible to wear out the connectors also if you do installation daily. That kind of use case would be quite unexpected.

Hi Mika,

And thank u for the reply, i do not have any additional weight or excessive bend on the cable on the power supply that is plugged in into the base. I am always careful with my stuff i was just wondering if that could maybe happen and made me worry so i just wanted to make sure that is its plugged that it cant arc.

Thank u for reassuring me and from my reading and understanding the base is not made to be disconnected a lot cause it could wear out the connectors is that correct?

Thank u very much

That is correct, however we are not really limiting the usage in any way. Just wanted to point out what possibly could happen in some situations.

Thank u so much for all this information and great customer service i really appreciate it.have a great day