SC2 Sport FFB drops and wheel turns itself (ACC mostly)

the surge protector strip was actually a new addition to try and HELP the issue… before it was on a basic run of the mill power strip.

Im gonna pull each plug out tonight and further inspect each device.

Hmh I have the same freezes with FFB drop and wheel turning entirely to one side with SC2 Pro… Happened in ACC and AC, not in rf2, R3e or iRacing.
Everything grounded… That SUCKS!!!

The ffb completely dropping and turning to one side I think is caused by another usb controller device on your pc disconnecting.

The momentary FFB freezes for a second or so seems to be a temporary loss of connection or noise. This i fixed with a usb isolator and therefore indicated a ground loop issue or something which i could test with a H-shifter I have that registers random button presses that is also fixed with a usb isolator to fix the issue.

I went through every single electrical device in my house looking for errors but couldnt find anything. Then while further testing i unplugged a mini Class D amplifier that i use for my bass shakers on the rig and the random button presses on the h-shifter stopped instantly when logging with DiView. I have now replaced the amplifier and removed all my grounding wires and ran the SC2 for a week without the isolator. Not a single issue, freeze or disconnect. So I believe I have found the cause on my side at least. I will continue to run my lower powered shifters on an isolated hub anyway just in case.

3 Likes

Well, I have managed to connect all my sim equipment and pc to a grounded strip + connected to grounded socket in the kitchen. And the issue still occurred. Going to play with the usb isolators a bit more, just to be sure I tested all options. If I find no answers then I guess I’m back to testing usb connectivity.

I’ve had similar issues and the cause was usually USB connection related. As Gifted suggests, it can be related to a different USB device other than the SimuCube. In some cases, any interruption to the USB data flow can cause a problem.

Some PC Mobo’s are more sensitive to USB issues than others. My old PC was very prone to USB issues and my current one is much more tolerant of connection interruptions.

USBdeview can help to identify potential connection issues.

Thanks for the reply, forgot to reply here since I recently found the solution. A few weeks ago I moved to a new house. The rig used to be on carpet floor and now it’s on an anti static rubber floor mat. All my troubles are gone, not a single outage. It seems my rig got quite static. I feel kind of stupid about it, but then again you don’t move a heavily equipped P1-X that easily. Lesson learned I guess :slight_smile:

1 Like