SC2 pro possibly overheating and losing FFB

Yea man I just stopped racing for 5 weeks and dropped from 3rd to 16th in my division all because I loves the Fanatec xD

1 Like

Just a quick update of ongoing development: we are adding Simucube health monitoring features that help us to find the definitive answer to this question, as well as optimize operation and features further.

14 Likes

Great, thanx Tero! Will certainly assist with diagnostics at user-end :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds like the best option.

It seems i have the same problem with my SC2 Pro as described.
I have the unit since Aug. 2019 and had no issues until tonight.
I drove in TD at 100 % and in iracing 45NM (GTE at Watkins Glen).
I got just 5 or 6 beeps due to clipping.
After 40 minutes of driving the FFB started to weaken.
At first for 1 sec. and after a few corner more often. Especially noticeable in corners.
The FFB is still there but maybe at 20 %.
If I stop and wait for a minute the the force comes back but after one lap the FFB loss starts again.
The Base is warm but not hot. Maybe 40-45 Ā°C.
I restarted the Base and the PC. I was able to reproduce the issue in a second stint one hour later.
I assume it has something to do with the higher forces Iā€™m driving, maybe the temperature?
IĀ“m still on TD Software 1.0.8.
The first logical step would be to update to the latest firmware and to check if under the same FFB conditions the issue is still there.
However iĀ“m happy with TD 1.0.8. and i donā€™t want to update. I fear the the feeling could be different.
The question is what should I do?

Havenā€™t done a firmware update yet.
Is it possible to update directly from 1.0.8 to 2020.10?

Yes, it is possible to update directly.

I canā€™t remember which version it was where we altered a bit too aggressive detuning due to heat buildup. If you drive with very high / extreme FFB forces in a short track with not very much straights like Watkins Glen, the torque derating can begin to happen.

The base wasnā€™t very hot when the forceloss began.
I will update and do another test run and will let you know.

Did a 90 min race with same settings after the update. No issues anymore.
Thank you Mika.