SC2 Freezing in iracing

Hi All

I’ve got an issue where my SC2 Pro (purchased last year with single psu) will have momentarily freezes where the wheel can’t be turned in game. Sometimes it will only last around half a second, and other times the wheel will completely turn one way with full force and I’ll have to hit the emergency stop and reset everything.

It happens in iracing, often after I’ve been on for 20 minutes or more. Generally if it’s only a small freeze and I keep racing without refreshing, the issue will get far more frequent.

When the issue occurs, It’s always when I have a very quick oversteer correction, not a big slide just a quick correction of oversteer in the Merc AMG GT3.

I’ve plugged it in to a different USB Port in the computer and that hasn’t helped. I’ve also downloaded the most recent simucube software and also done a graphics driver update but none of those have given me any success.

I’ve had this come up in event viewer one of the times:
Fault bucket 1189571759552439830, type 5
Event Name: AppHangB1
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: Simucube 2 True Drive Paddock.exe
P2: 0.0.0.0
P3: 6145cba0
P4: f4aa
P5: 134217728
P6:
P7:
P8:
P9:
P10:

I’ve also had this come up in event viewer when the same issue occurs, no idea what it means as I’m not the best with computers.
Log Name: Application
Source: Windows Error Reporting
Date: 17/11/2022 8:41:39 PM
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: DESKTOP-QN5OUK1
Description:
Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: 144
P2: 3003
P3: ffffee8ea63a75b0
P4: 40010000
P5: 0
P6: 10_0_19044
P7: 0_0
P8: 768_1
P9:
P10:

Anyone have any ideas on what may be causing these freezing issues?

Thanks
Geoff

Typically these are caused by some USB issues, such as grounding or ground loop things. What other hardware do you have? Is every device connected to a grounded mains socket?

Hi Mika

HE Sprint Pedals, Hybrid Racing button Box which is on my Sparco wheel, keyboard & mouse which are usb connected and headphones/ mic.

The computer, pedals & simucube are all plugged in to the same power board. The power board is plugged into a power point which is likely grounded as Im based in Australia ( but not 100% sure)

Has this issue ever been solved? If yes, what was the solution to that? I have exactly the same issue atm.

Had to update my Nvidia driver. It only worked once I removed the previous version.