SC2 feels different after coming out of standby

It’s happened a few times that in between races my SC2 naturally goes into standby, but when I re-enable high torque the force feedback feels entirely different. As if I’ve loaded a different profile, but it’s still the same profile. I’ve tried loading a different profile, and then going back to the right one, turning the wheel on/off, etc. The only thing that works is rebooting my pc. Sadly, that’s not always an option when you’re about to start a race.

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong?

I did some more troubleshooting, and it has nothing to do with standby mode. When I first installed the Simucube software I had enabled auto high torque. Since then I would never boot True Drive when racing. I would just boot my pc, launch iRacing, and the force feedback felt great. When the wheel then went into standby mode, I would boot up True Drive and it would load my default profile, which turns out felt like crap. That’s why it felt different.

So it seems like because I wouldn’t launch True Drive upon startup, Simucube wouldn’t load my default profile. So which profile was it loading if I didn’t launch True Drive (but did have auto high torque enabled)?

I hope that makes sense.

Edit: in the meantime I’ve started making my own profile trying to replicate what the good force feedback felt like. I think I’ve gotten close, but not quite. Would be nice to be able to know which one was actually loaded so I can replicate it.

In theory, It loads your default profile but atenuated to 4.4Nm and unknown loads of Servo Damping Friction and inertia