SC2 2020 special edition

Is this some kind of a late april fools joke? Sounds like it tbh…

I fully agree to Pauls point. I don’t see ANY single reason to give some customers of a certain period more control of their base.
What do you even want to achive with that move?

I get it, there are customers who have to wait quite long to get a base and maybe you can comepnsate them anyhow, but why is that my fault?

I preordered my base not long after the initial announcement, with no reviews or any information available rather than the official announcements, had to wait more than two months for myself.

I want that special edition features too!

Or better, stop the special edition nonsense and give that features to everyone who wants them

1 Like

Calm down, GD already announced on facebook today that every owner up to september 2020 will get the extra’s.

1 Like

I am completely relaxed.

I don’t like the whole idea of different filter options for the same bases. Regardless if i get them or not.

Can i share my profiles afterwards with newer bases?
When these filters are fully developed, why provide them to a limted user base?

That splits the user base, newer customers might get the impression of being “second grade” customers, the developers has to maintain two software versions…

I’ve already seen some good and some bad ideas but this one is a special one, for sure…

1 Like

We are very excited about the upcoming features that are in early development right now. And we want to give something special to the early adopters.

We haven’t said that this separation will be permanent, as it is expected that there will need to be some fine tuning for the said features before everyone will be 100% happy with them. But after they are 100% polished, those will be enabled for everyone. We might consider keeping this benefit for some features after that, but currently we have limited set of features in mind that this special edition thing will be used for.

3 Likes

Maybe early adopters know their SC2’s better already, than new ones. So it’s easier for us to test new features.

2 Likes

Throw new untested features at newcomers. Like it. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Who said they were going to be untested? :rage:

2 Likes

Any release date for the early access features?

No. Best estimate is at the end of the Summer.

1 Like

Is Recon 2.0 by any chance one of these features?

1 Like

I never seen such a lack of trust and constant questioning for the developers of a product.
I myself was pretty harsh last year, when the first batches of Sc2 were delayed, I admittedly made a mistake by ranting here of the forum about that matter, and made my apologies, but lately I see that every time Mika or other members of Granite team announce something new for our beloved Sc2 systems, are way more the times when these changes are called into question than the support and appreciation, or constructive criticism, given to the devs team, often in a really harsh or ironic way.
Now, I am not saying everything should not be questioned and taken for granted, but I don’t see how something good can arise from such behavior.
Sorry for the rant.

7 Likes

Yeah, the way it is presented to us, special features only available to a chosen few, feels strange obviously… BUT! GD seem to be VERY consumer friendly so I can’t see how (or why) they would devise a way to anger or screw their user base.
#fingerscrossed #trustinGD

Once the newly released products are manufactured and distributed we will find out what this is all about.
Being one of the many waiting until the end of summer for our units the additional gesture to offer some value for our wait is appreciated by all who are waiting.
I am guessing but thinking it will be some additional functionality within the firmware and will eventually be available to all Simucube owners via a firmware update. This is obviously just my opinion based on absolutely nothing, but given everything being equal this seems to mkae the most sense to me.

It will be enabled for every produced unit up to a certain manufacturing date via a firmware update.

Yes.