SC1 build 2020 DIY

Yes it will cut power to the SimuCUBE board which is everything… Instead of holding some power which allows the IONI on the SimuCUBE Board to Fault but power and control to still be delivered to the Encoder. (which allows you to still steer the car until the eStop is cycled to clear the fault).

So with that power supply you actually have to cycle the power to start the wheel again where a Hiccup or Current Limiting will just allow cycling the e-Stop … as mentioned though current limiting is better but also of course a bit more expensive.

8.3A is AC current RMS and would be sufficient.

The NDR480 is 480 watts straight and is generally sufficient for the Small Mige while the SDR480 is the 480 watts with the 720watt temporary peak output.

I would not use a cheap power supply. No way no how.

If it shorts out or has polarity marked incorrectly and you kill the Simucube or Ioni you have just waisted $400 euros as that will not be covered under warranty from Granite Devices. These components are designed to be used with a quality power supply.

I can’t remember who it was, but this issue just happened to someone recently.

Thank you, i will try and get my hands on an ndr/sdr 480 psu in the future. Dont want the boards getting fried. Im sure i have some sort of warranty.

dont do it, been a nightmare since switching