Request to join the automatic switching FFB function ~

Does the driver will introduce a function of automatically identifying the game and switch the corresponding FFB?
Will the development team add this feature to the subsequent drive version?
It is very troublesome to manually switch FFB every time you open different games…

I think they are currently working on an automatic profile switching feature.
Maybe there will be some news soon :slight_smile:

Was there ever an update to this?

Things like this will be implemented on our new software platform.

:pray: :grinning: :grinning: :grinning: New Software Platform??? Mika don’t be a tease, please do tell!!!

Merry Christmas!!!

Aggregated SW Hub for ActivePedlas and SimuCube wheelbase?
Any upcoming functional changes to filters, etc.?

More on that later. Work on integrating the wheel base into the new software (yes, the ActivePedal software) has not started yet. Preliminary work was the firmware rewrite so we could more easily change parts of it, such as just the communications protocol between True Drive and the device, etc.

The servo drive, where the filters will run, is also going to be completely rewritten. TBD what filters we will implement.

4 Likes

Good to hear it’s in the works. ETA approximately? Months? Years?

Target is to have the new software running by the end of the year.

1 Like

Although i know you can’t discuss specifics but is there even a discussion for implementing something equivalent to foundation ffb in this new software? And correct me if i am wrong but incorporating irffb from the software has been ruled out ?

1 Like

iRFFB, especially its latest developments, are licensed with such software licenses that do not always enable us to just copy those to our code base.

Our new software has game telemetry integration, but lets see what the future brings.

4 Likes

I know this is an old topic, however, I think it still applies. The automatic profile switching for Fanatec, in Fanalabs, is a really cool feature. I saw on the Trello board that this will happen with the Tuner and True Drive platforms merge. I see there is a heavy re-write happening for this to happen. I know the year of 2023 for release has passed and was wondering if this is getting closer to happening. As in, the updated software for Tuner and TrueDrive and the automatic profile switching?
PS this is in no way meant to be pushy or needs to be done as soon as possible. It is just a really cool feature that when eventually implemented, will be aweseome. GD do such an amazing job and want to release a product/software when it is perfect. I have no qualms with that

The progress with the Simucube 2 implementation to the Tuner has been slower than expected. Its going to happen but not in near future.

1 Like

Thanks for the update! Any consideration with adding automatic profile switching to true drive?