Recommended settings on Raceroom 2020

Differences to my setup that is not grainy:

I’m using nicsos RR configuration.

In TrueDrive I have some friction: 9%

And then the DirectInput effects are very different:

I’m not sure any of this helps you, but at least it’s something different from what you have 8)

Thanks man, will give it a try no doubt, nothing to lose and clueless… :sweat_smile:

edit: but I preffer it without as little filtering as possible, it was ok before the R3E update.

100% agree to little filtering when possible.
Hopefully you’ll find some great combination at some point, a lot of people are struggling with RR…

If you do, please do post them back 8)

@EsxPaul max dor available are 1080°, as seen in steering_wheels.xml

3 Likes

We’ve got another report that torque staying on when ESC back to garage -issue is solved in patch from yesterday.

Can someone else also confirm having had this issue and that it is now fixed? Thanks.

Each time I start from scratch mapping everything, first message I get is:
Control Set Duplicated
Then in the Profile list there is:
-Simucube Pro
-Simucube Pro_custom_unique (+ pedals, Kb, shifter etc)

Could it be that the game is sending FFB twice ?? The “cogging” (or whatever you want to call it) is really noticeable. Help ? :thinking:

I can confirm the issue seems fixed on my end :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you mate :+1: 1080 it is!

2 Likes

Has anybody felt the need to modify the jolt magnitude setting in the controller.ini? I know most DD users would always have it set very low but I’m wondering if it could be increased after reading this part of the update notes:

"All cars - Modifications to forces involved in car to car collisions, to get rid of some collisions sometimes feeling like the other car is a solid brick"

@EsxPaul i have Always the jolt magnitude at 0.0
@Mika if i left the track with Esc the ffb is gone
but something is strange…if I go out on the track and still stand in the garage, then tap the steering wheel, it starts to turn hard

1 Like

You need to remove old profile from Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet and make new one from the scratch using SC2 Pro default profile as basis.

1 Like

I couldn’t find anything like that when I tested yesterday.

Thats what I did… and as soon as I start mapping message appears (control set duplicated), and it creates the Simucube Pro_custom_unique profile (which you can delete).
The Simucube Pro default cant be deleted, and instead adding to itself the rest of my peripherals, it keeps creating the “custom_unique”.

Tbh, I don’t know what else I could try. If anyone comes up with anything, please, I’d really appreciate it. Thanks !

Delete all rcs
Documents \ My Games \ SimBin \ RaceRoom Racing Experience \ UserData \ ControlSet e

2 Likes

I got rid of the whole folder, and started from scratch, same thing.

Capture

It’s supposed to be that way. Perhaps your error is not related to two SC2 profiles

1 Like

Oh, ok… then what could be causing the cogging, latest Firmware? It worked fine before raceroom’s yesterday update with latest FW, and it works also well now in ACC.

Im completely out of ideas.

If you had two events happen at the same time, yes, there is a probability.
https://community.granitedevices.com/t/simucube-2-firmware-downgrade/4852/21

@olrait Are you able to click on the Simucube 2 Pro section and have the bin icon appear so you can delete it that way?

No, the default SC2 Pro profile can’t be deleted.

Should I downgrade to previous SC2 firmware? That cogging appears only in Raceroom

can you turn off all directinput effect sliders to see if one of those is causing it now?