Raceroom Racing Experience with SimuCube Open Beta .0.83

For efficient support requests, please consider using the template below. Fill-in the (blanks) and provide additional info when necessary. Thank you! Best regards, Granite Devices team.

I have a question regarding RRRE regarding strange FFB issues

My hardware configuration:
-(Small Mige 20nm kit from SimRacingBay)
i7 6700K , Gigabyte Z170 mobo, 2- NVME SSD 250gb, Gigabyte Extreme Gaming GTX1080 video card, Asus Xonar sound card, Windows 10 64bit, Fanatec V3 pedals, USB conversion kit for Fanatec Rims, Fanatec F1, BMW GT rims, Fanatec shifter and handbrake, DS Button Box Panels (left and right)AC

Software for racing: AC, PC2, PC1, RF2, RRRE, Simvibe, Crewchief, JoytoKey

problems arise when:
I have had good success with RF2, AC, and PC2. I tried to drive today with RRRE and am having FFB issues.

How it behaves:
FFB is very light when leaving the pits until the first corner. Then FFB kicks in and tries to drive the wheel to full lock counter clockwise. I pause out to the menu and when I re enter the game, the same thing happens.
I cannot tell if this is a game issue (FFB settings) or a SimuCube issue.

I followed a setting that was shared previously in this forum but that did not help. I then set all the FFB settings in the game to zero except FFB strength…no difference.

When I was using Mmos, the game was good with no issues. I have not played since updating my firmware.

Note: I have not changed any Granity settings. They are the same as when I received my wheel from SimRacingBay.

I thought I would post this in case maybe you might have seen this during your testing.
Otherwise, you guys have done a beautiful job on this software. It is making it easier on us noobs and people who don’t have the knowledge to dive deep into OSW settings and configurations.

THanks

RRE has not been tested at all. Thanks for reporting, and feel free to comment again when I get a chance to implement more Directinput effects, hopefully very soon.

I also had the problem that the steering wheel at a certain point turned violently to one side. This happened when for example I bumped against a wall, it was completely turned, banging it back normal.I solved using these parameters, starting from the accuforce:
https://dl.dropbox.com/s/sfw3x1pxtu8p

However, I would like to point out that occasionally I have caused the total loss of the wheel, and I was forced to turn off and on again the simucube.

R3E has been working pretty good for me but I also have the issue where if I hit a big curb or bump a wall the wheel then wants to pull hard in the direction of the side that made any contact. Even if I turn the car damage completely off I get this behavior.

thanks for the tip. the link you listed is not working though…

You can adjust the “Curb Pull” parameters in the controller file to a lower number that helps solve that for now.

Go to Doc’s / My Games / SimBin / Race Room / User Data / Controlset [name]RCS
using Notepad++
Rumblestrip pull factor – reduce
Rumblestripe Magnitude - reduce
Jolt Magnitude – set to zero (crash forces)

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/sfw3x1pxtu8pybj/FFB%201.02.txt

sorry…

2 Likes

Race room sale on picked up premium pack with 90% discount for £60 all content included :slight_smile:

Hi dpj463,

Only had my osw from Tom at Simracingbay about a week and RRRE was the main title I have concentrated on to heighten my sim experience. If you change the two ‘jolt’ settings in the following it doesnt go haywire.

C:\Users\Prem\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

Find “FFB jolt magnitude” and change both settings to zero and now runs perfectly for me.

Big thanks to Tom for a flawless bit of kit that has far surpassed my expectations.

Dave.

1 Like

Yeah, I really like Tomo’s kit. And Raceroom is one of my favorites now.

Thanks for the suggestions and co dig file (which made a HUGE improvement).

I’m having a small but very annoying issue. When driving straight It feels as though I have a deadzone (all set to zero) so I have to keep moving the wheel from side to side for it not to start shaking. The steering reacts in this “deadzone” the forces are just strange.

Anyone else experienced this?

• Thomas

Hi… it’s my first post here. Pleasantly surprised with the great work of the whole community. Sorry if my English isn’t very good.
I have the same problem as your Thomas. It was solved a little bit, matching the degrees of steering wheel in simucube and game but I still have a dead zone in the center of the wheel. Have you found a solution? Because it’s a shame, because the work and feelings are very good.

Hi and welcome :slight_smile:

I got the oscillation and “deadzone” removed by playing around with the “Smoothness” and “FFB Dampening” in game. Try 10% smooth and 25% Damper.

I’m still not there yet as the steering sometimes feels dull and dead. Also there are missing some FFB effects such as curbs as they are using some DirectImput effects not implemented in SimuCube yet (to my understanding).From the firmware release article slot more should come in the next version of SimuCube, just not sure if they will help in R3E.

It would be nice to know both the SimuCube and in-game FFB settings of someone who feels they are as close to the goal as possible.

_ Thomas

Hi Thomas… thank you for the answer!

Then I send you my configuration and I’m sure we’ll both get a good one ;).

I have been in the simracing world for a short time but I come from the competition and the sensations are very close but there is a lot of difference from one sim to another.

I have clear that the great improvement was Iracing, which is where more efforts are using… Rfactor2 is also very noticeable and in my case, R3R also I like the sensations although it has a lot of work ahead. In other titles like Dirt4 and AC I couldn’t make them work… I have to do more research. In RBR it did work, but I had better feelings with MMos.

Another thing I wanted to tell you about… have you run the Simcos yet? I’ve had it for two weeks and I haven’t dared to ride it yet.

Hi guys , i use last firmware simucube, big mige/ simtronix encoder max Amper in the profile 100% strenght unlimited tbw no filter.
In game i just put 6% in the vertical and lateral load of the tires…
and, as Thomas said , 25% dampening but there is still work to do…
Sam

Hi Sam

I’ve spend most of today fiddling with settings in R3E PCars2 and AC, and it’s getting better :slight_smile: I’ll post my settings tomorrow for R3E for you to compare, and maybe take some from or improve on. I’ve eliminated the deadzone and oscillation and have gotten more life Into the wheel, but I still hope we will get much better results with the next SimuCube release and it’s DirectInput effects.

• Thomas
1 Like

Thx Thomas , much obliged :wink:
see u tomorrow .
Sam

HI Sam

Found some tie between preparing food for tonight’s guests :slight_smile:

SimuCUBE:

Profile4\name=R3E
Profile4\steeringrange=450
Profile4\bumbstoprange=0
Profile4\overallstrength=100
Profile4\ioni_reconfilter1=1
Profile4\ioni_torquebandwidth=11
Profile4\ioni_peakingnotchfilter=0
Profile4\ioni_damping=0
Profile4\ioni_friction=0
Profile4\ioni_inertia=0
Profile4\dxdampinggain=50
Profile4\dxfrictiongain=50

Having the Reconstruction Filter disabled complete causes som unwanted noises from my small MiGe, which do not appear on the lowest setting (expect sometimes when running off the course, but I try not to do that :stuck_out_tongue: ).

C:\Users<user>\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet

FFB Device Name="none"
FFB Device Name Alternative="none"
FFB Rumble Pad=“0” // Type of FFB controller: 0=wheel, joystick etc with force feedback, 1 = pad with rumble motor
FFB Gain=“0.4” // Strength of Force Feedback effects. Range 0.0 to 1.0.
FFB Min Force=“0.0” // Minumum force, from 0.0 to 1.0
FFB Min Force Linear Percentage=“0.01” // Minumum force linear percentage
FFB Throttle FX on steer axis=“1” // 0 = Throttle effects on throttle axis, 1 = throttle effects on steering axis.
FFB Brake FX on steer axis=“1” // 0 = Brake effects on brake axis, 1 = brake effects on steering axis.
FFB stationary friction=“0.7” // Amount of friction applied to the steering wheel when vehicle is stationary
FFB stationary friction speed=“2.7780001” // Below this speed the stationary friction starts to be applied, in m/s
FFB steer vibe freq mult=“0.0” // Controls frequency of steering vibration. Recommended: 0.5 to 1.0, 0.0 disables steering vibration.
FFB steer vibe zero magnitude=“0.07” // Magnitude of steering vibration at 0mph (reference point).
FFB steer vibe slope=“0.0” // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB steer vibe zero magnitude).
FFB steer vibe wave type=“0” // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB steer force average weight=“0.8” // How much weight is given to new steering force calculations each frame (0.01 - 1.0). Lower values will smooth out the steering force, but will also add latency.
FFB steer force exponent=“1.0” // Steering force output “sensitivity”. Range 0.0 to infinity. 0.0 to 1.0 = higher sensitivity, greater than 1.0 = lower sensitivity.
FFB steer force input max=“11500.0” // Recommended: 11500 (-11500 if controller pulls in the wrong direction).
FFB steer force output max=“0.6” // Maximum force output of steering force, recommendation 0.8 to 2.0
FFB steer force grip weight=“0.35” // Range 0.0 to 1.0, recommended: 0.4 to 0.9. How much weight is given to tire grip when calculating steering force.
FFB steer force front grip exponent=“1.0” // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to grip weight.
FFB steer force rear grip exponent=“1.0” // Range 0.0 to infinity, recommended: around 1.0. Exponent applied to rear grip loss weight.
FFB steer damper coefficient=“0.0” // Coefficient to use for steering damper. Range: -1.0 to 1.0
FFB steer damper saturation=“1.0” // Saturation value to use for steering damper. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer force balance mode=“0” // Mode for how to add the steering forces together (lateral, load and diff). Acceptable values: 0 = lat + load + diff, 1 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2 + diff^2), 2 = sqrt(lat^2 + load^2) + diff, 3 = sqrt(lat^2 + (load + diff)^2), 4 = sqrt((lat + load)^2 + diff^2)
FFB steer load multiplier=“1.0” // Multiplier for vertical load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer lateral multiplier=“1.0” // Multiplier for lateral forces. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer rack factor=“1.0” // How much of the lateral forces comes from steering rack. Range: 0 - 1.0
FFB steer load change exponent=“1.0” // Exponent for the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer load change breakpoint=“1.0” // Breakpoint (value that will not be changed) for the exponent on the change in load on front tires. Range: 0 - infinity
FFB steer spring coefficient=“0.0” // Coefficient for steering spring. Range: 0.0 - 1.0
FFB throttle vibe freq mult=“0.0” // Scales actual engine frequency to force FFB vibration frequency. Suggested range: 0.10 to 0.50
FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude=“0.0” // Magnitude of engine vibration at 0rpm (reference point).
FFB throttle vibe slope=“0.0” // Slope of line defining magnitude as a function of frequency (used with FFB throttle vibe zero magnitude).
FFB throttle vibe wave type=“0” // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip magnitude=“0.1” // How strong the rumble strip rumble is. Range 0.0 to 1.0, 0.0 disables effect.
FFB rumble strip freq mult=“2.0” // Rumble stip frequency multiplier 1.0 = one rumble per wheel rev.
FFB rumble strip wave type=“0” // Type of wave to use for vibe: 0=Sine, 1=Square, 2=Triangle, 3=Sawtooth up, 4=Sawtooth down.
FFB rumble strip pull factor=“0.5” // How strongly wheel pulls right/left when running over a rumble strip. Suggested range: -1.5 to 1.5.
FFB jolt magnitude=“0.0” // How strong jolts from other cars (or walls) are. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
FFB shift jolt magnitude=“1.0” // How strong jolts you get from shifting. Suggested Range: -2.0 to 2.0.
FFB shift effect duration=“0.05” // Duration of shift effect in seconds
FFB slip effect=“0.5” // Slip effect, from 0.0 to 1.0
ffb slip freq multiplier=“1.0” // Slip effect frequency. 1.0f = 1 cycle per wheel rev
ffb slip wave type=“0” // Slip effect wave type
FFB pedal throttle vibe zero magnitude=“0.0” // Throttle pedal vibration at 0rpm (reference point)
FFB pedal throttle vibe slope="0.0"
FFB pedal throttle slip vibe=“1.0” // Throttle pedal vibration on tire slip
FFB pedal brake slip vibe=“1.0” // Brake pedal vibration on front tire slip
FFB pedal brake vibe slope=“5.0” // Slope for brake pedal vibration based on speed and braking %

It’s pretty basic, just make sure you set FFB Jolt to zero, or get used to walking around with broken wrists.

Basically:

FFB Gain: 40%
FFB Steer Force 60%
And actually I’m currently running with smoothness and dampening set to 0% :S Not sure which other setting caused the oscillation and “deadzone” to disappear then, but they are.

As stated above, I’m running the small mige, with 10000ppr encoder, as I have not had the time to install my sincos yet.

Please reply if you have suggestions to improce the profile.

I also notes that some of the settings under effects (curbs for instance) have no to little effect, and these might be the “canned DirectInput effect’s” that are not implemented yet.

Have a happy new year!

• Thomas
1 Like