Raceroom and Simucube 2 - original thread

You most likely have the 1.0.7 firmware running if you updated it. The software does not offer downgrade functionality.

Than I have the 0.0.7 firmware and drive with 0.0.3 Software I donā€™t know but itā€™s feel better With 0.0.3

thats outright placebo then :slight_smile:

If I start the 0.0.3 on my PC than starting the PC the 0.0.7 in the background or not??

the firmware is running on the device, and if you ever launched 1.0.7, it is running on the device. Launching 1.0.3 does not downgrade.

I donā€™t remember where but I remember that @nicsos123 was complaining about the noise of his SC2 when turning left.
Iā€™ve seen this behavior in RaceRoom today (I thought Iā€™d give it another go after I wasnā€™t happy with any of the settings in this thread).

Itā€™s pretty easy to fix: just turn the friction in the DirectInput settings to 0% and itā€™s gone.

Took me all in all about 5 minutes to figure out.

@Mika may also be of interest for you guys to test it out. I highly doubt it has anything to do with faulty units but rather with some odd interaction of the DirectInput friction with the SC2.

2 Likes

Raceroom does indeed create a friction effect. We are still investigating and fine tuning that for next firmware releases.

1 Like

Do you mind sharing your settings in game and TD. I be testing my Pro later today and that will give me something to start with.

Sure.

Iā€™m neither a huge fan of high damping nor high recon filters and keep them disabled in most games. This is pretty much the opposite of what most people like in this forum.

2 Likes

Thanks, Iā€™ll give them a try.

I have a very annoying feeling when I pause the game on R3E, steering wheel keeps vibrating / rotating therefore I have to kill the motor with the stop every timeā€¦I am on Sport. Also, I tried all those settings but R3E is still by far the worse ffb I get among all simsā€¦
Anybody is having the same issue with the ffb still active when pausing the game?

What is the status of your DirectInput Friction effect slider in True Drive?

Yes, I have noticed the same thing but not as bad as you have reported.

Occasionally when I pause the game, my wheel tries to turn very slowly to the left with a low level of force. I can stop the wheel rotating quite easily with one hand while I make some changes in the menu and then get back to the game.

Itā€™s never been at a level where I felt the need to hit the emergency stop.

I am using the .ini profiles I found on top of the thread (and also the .rcs ingame)

Annotazione%202019-08-29%20175054

is there maybe something wrong on that page?

Try to turn DirectInput Friction to smaller value. The very slight electrical noise in the encoder might make the wheel turn on its own.

I re-booted the game and now it seems to be solved by its ownā€¦also I am having finally a decent ffb from the game. Donā€™t know why it feels so different than before :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s the friction filter. Turning it off will fix that.

2 Likes

Thanks. Iā€™ve now turned all of the direct input filters down to zero.