Project cars trouble shooting

The computer voice in this video is bad but very informative video worth watching . there are over 40 things you can adjust in the custom ffb controller file:)
look forward to what people come up with :slight_smile:

i tried this combo too less noise in the feel in game locks appear to be working as i had 450deg set in Simcube and Corvette was turning 300 deg :slight_smile:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/80kc7e2bziw2pon/ffb_custom_settings1.txt

Isn’t the High Compression file supposed to be used with low-end wheels because they can’t reproduce the finer FFB details?

Jack at least recommends low compression for direct drive wheels.

1 Like

Tried your settings last night - I LIKE EM but I find different cars with completely different feels, the open wheels don’t feel great at all and will require something else. Mapping the tone and volume is essential,

i have volume and FX mapped to knobs so adjust the car as i am driving going to try low compression file too
feel is so much better. the clip tool in the HUD is good too

Great information. Thank you! Only problem i have now is when i try to map the Wheel turning i get double input failure, both on usb 2 and usb 3. Dont know what to do. (Update its all working now except the force feedback… working on it)

And all of the sudden the Wheel doesent work. did not change a thing, LOL i Think pc2 has some more work to do.
this is nuts

Zand3rs

Check- Steam, settings, controller options, make sure all are UN selected.
Close steam. Restart your computer, check again that all are UN Selected. Start PC2,
go straight to assignments, assign left right on wheel, and pedals and paddles.Go to calibrate both pedal and wheel. Then go back to edit assignments and do your buttons. Only then start the actual racing section.

Worked for me when I had the issue.

I found you have to go to full lock to set it and it only registers it as you come off full lock. same for other way.

Simon how you can use unlimited TWB? Doesn´t you wheel make crazy noise?

no it was better than using my RF2 setting with 470hz and 5 which had noise from road bumps
using the Jack straw alt standard low file now too still playing but feels very good :slight_smile:
this is my rf2 one could you post your P Cars 2 one ?

I am now using this one for P Car 2 not sure what the setting all do just tried someone else’s settings posted
as was very different from mine :slight_smile:

I’m using TBW of 680 and Jack Spade’s Alt Low Compression FFB setup with good results in PC2. I find the overall steering response feels tighter and more in line with what I get from AC / AMS / rF2 although, less refined. The setup does provide some braking (Wheel-lock) feel too. I changed the Tone and FX to preference and raised the Rec-filter to 3 and it feels quite good overall.

1 Like

My Wheel and Everything is working now again. However i do not feel any force feedback? using the simucube open beta firmware! Any ideas? I downloaded the jack spades file : ffb_custom_settings.txt and put it in my C:\Users\myname\Documents\Project CARS 2 folder. I have also selected custom in force feedback meny in Project cars 2.

Its just dead, nothing is coming thru :frowning:

so you have selected custom for wheel and custom in the flavour menu in game like pics in my other post ?
and the Jacks ffb in my docs you renamed to" ffb_custom_settings.txt " replacing the original one ?
it should work seems odd that you have no ffb at all

That feels pretty good too
tried the C7r corvette on the ring still seems bit more noisy road feel over the bumps
did you try my one with the center frequency of 142hz tried 160hz added more noise over bumps, attenuation db -25 and q factor of 2,0 not sure what they do
I took them from from this file seems smoother feel on bumpy tracks will play more with it :slight_smile:

Blockquote so you have selected custom for wheel and custom in the flavour menu in game like pics in my other post ?
and the Jacks ffb in my docs you renamed to" ffb_custom_settings.txt " replacing the original one ?
it should work seems odd that you have no ffb at all

Yes I have done exactly as you have done. Just opened iracing and its all good. Can not understand why this happens.

if you select immersion for the flavor in the in game menu do you get ffb ? if so might be the custom ffb file?
or try selecting different wheel in make then remapping to yours

Blockquote if you select immersion for the flavor in the in game menu do you get ffb ? if so might be the custom ffb file?
or try selecting different wheel in make then remapping to yours

Nope tried that. Its not giving me any FFB in any way. been googling and searching every forum i can find for a solution.
Found someone with similar issues in your thread on the pc2 forum but it did not help me. :frowning:

Well if I recall from that thread, he fixed his issue by drinking liquor. Maybe try that? :wink:

in steam setting you have all top boxes not ticked ?
try mapping volume to 2 buttons hit up as your on track
only other thing i can think of delete my docs P Cars 2 folder 275mb ish re verify game to install files deleted try setup again

Found this quite useful explains auto tune and other elements of P Cars 2 ffb
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gW5ESYLlNnk

Just a note on NO FFB for some players of PC2: Some AccuForce users that were part of early access have had to start fresh with a new player profile in order to get their FFB to work.