Premium E-Stop for Sale for SC2 Pro?

I noticed the description of the SC2 Pro indicates you could upgrade to the premium version of the E-Stop at some point (the one included with the Ultimate). Will that be something available any time soon after SC2s start shipping?

2 Likes

Iā€™d like to know this too, if possible.

I did ask this question in the main news and updates thread but no answer so far.

Same here, canā€™t skimp on safety :slight_smile:

Itā€™s simply a emergency shut-off button, no?
You press it firmly, it clicks and it does the one simple thing itā€™s designed for.
You turn/twist it to resume the motor.

Iā€™m genuinely curious what a ā€œpremium e-stopā€ is going to offer in terms of ā€˜improved safetyā€™ that the one supplied with original Simucube and SC2 you clearly feel is lacking in the safety department?

:slight_smile:

The premium estop offers integrated on/off switch as well as threaded holes on the back for rigid mounting.

It will be available soon!

1 Like

Integrated on/off switch?
Do you mean the option to turn the functionality of the e-button on or off?
Or does it replace the button with a switch?

There is the torque off button (e-stop) and a separate power on/off switch with a small blue led.

1 Like

Ok, thanks for the explanation.
So essentially it adds a switch to turn it off with a LED, and mounting option?

Adding complexity to a piece of hardware that is designed for emergencies sounds unnecessary to me, but I guess the kids love those LEDā€™s :slight_smile:
What if the user forgets that they turned the switch off and has a need to hit the emergency stop button, but it doesnā€™t work? Or will the new SC2 software not allow the user to use the wheel if it detects the switch in the ā€˜offā€™ position?

The mounting option sounds useful, I DIYā€™d that part to fit on my Sim-Labs P1.

Its a power switch. If the Driver hits that, the device turns off.

I get it now.
So itā€™s a power switch for the entire motor, so a backup for the button.

Thanks Mika, makes sense now. :slight_smile:

Does it remove all power from the motor, or just cycle a relay etc?

It removes power from the voltage regulators in the device.

Ok thanks.
So after usage for the day a user should still turn off power to the power supplyā€™s?

1 Like

It looks Sharp, I wanted it the moment I saw it. Put me on the list as well haha.

Status update: We canā€™t give availability date for this just yet. However, the resellers can place their orders for this and the pricing has been communicated to resellers.

ā€œIt removes power from the voltage regulators in the deviceā€
Does that mean it powers the SC2 off the same as using the conventional power button and therefore we can use the e-stopā€™s power switch just as safely and reliably as if we cut power the standard way?

How can I upgrade a batch 3 SC2 Pro order to the premium e-stop switch and how much does the upgrade cost? I donā€™t think I saw this option on the DSD website and I would like to upgrade my order (as long as the price is reasonable) I purchased a week agoā€¦

Yes. The Ultimate model does not have a physical power button on the back.

What about if connected to the SC2 Pro?

Anyone selling these yet? Iā€™m getting my SC2 Pro today and would like to have the Premium E-Stop, but no one seems to be selling it.

SRB has it https://www.simracingbay.com/product/premium-torque-off-button/