OSW Large Mige Phasing Problems

All of a sudden I can’t get my wheel to phase and start correctly. Wheel was working earlier today but will not start now. AsIs.drc (9.6 KB) Video below.

My hardware configuration:
-SimuCube
-130ST-M15015 10k ppr
-0.50.4 Simucube Tool

Problems arise when:
When powering up

How it behaves:
-Phasing seems notchy and fails, usually resulting in under voltage condition. Checked with a multi-meter and it’s not dipping below 46v that I can see. Feeling is very notchy after it fails to phase.

How I would expect it to behave:
-Normal Phasing and smooth movement after

I have attached following files:
-As is .drc attached.

Edit:
Like an idiot I hit “start everything from scratch”. Went through that process again and now Simucube config tool says "Drive firmware update error. Turn system off and on again. I think I really borked it.

You will get back on track soon! But unfortunately we are not able to help via remote session until Monday. It might be required to flash 0.11.2 firmware version to recover from this.

I was going to say the same as Mika, install 11.2 and start from scratch.

What part of the world are you in?
I may be able to help sooner if you are in the USA or Canada.

Yes, please download 0.11.2. In 0.50.4, click “update firmware”. If it says “Found Simucube in firmware upgrade mode”, things will be easy - just click cancel at that point, and use 0.11.2 package to set up the system.

1 Like

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the input. Somehow the .drc file I was loading was for a 5k encoder instead a 10k. I went into Granity, made the appropriate changes, and saved the new .drc. Then loaded that from scratch in Simucube Configuration Tool and everything is working fine now.

1 Like

Good news
Yes alot of times when you are doing the motor config encoder setup portion of you enter wrong encoder settings setup will fail.