No power to SC2 Pro

I recently lost all control of my SC2 Pro. I have checked everything I can think of to fix problem. Both Power supply are putting out correct voltage (48.5 V) I have Uninstaller and reinstalled Firmware. Which is currently (2020.7). I have double check and triple checked all cords. No issues there. I have tried different USB ports. Nothing!! When I open True drive. Everything is grayed out. Can’t do anything in True Drive. Any help would be appreciated. Thax Ray

Have you changed the USB cable for another (new) one?

happened the same to me some time ago, I solved exactly like that by changing usb cable.

Yes, because the device won’t start up proper without working USB, it is by design.

3 Likes

Does it mean that we have to use only the USB cable delivered with the SC2 Pro?
or can we use a different cable? If yes, how should we proceed?

You can use any (good quality and preferably one with RF chokes) USB cable. Do not buy cheap crap cable, spent a bit more for piece of mind.

This is assuming you do not have one, or yours is faulty. The one coming with the SC2 DD wheel should be of sufficient quality :wink:

OK! Thanks for the info!

Cheers Tony, let us know if you get sorted :wink:

Are you saying that it has to be plugged into a working PC? My unit will not even give me a light, but I took a lightning hit a couple of days ago. One power supply has no light. I tried booting it from one power supply, but my computer is dead. Should I try it plugged into my laptop?

Plug it into your laptop.

Hi,

Simucube 2 does not power up if it does not get USB voltage from the USB on a PC.

Thank you, I will try that. Can I order the bad power supply from a US company if that is all that is wrong?

Hi guys, I have the same issue. All of a sudden my sc2 pro is not powering up. The led on the back is dead, I tried to:
Unplug and plug all cables
Tried a new usb cable
Tried connecting it to a laptop
I have opened a ticket a few days ago, they asked me to follow a procedure which I did as the steps mentioned above. Still waiting for the tech support reply, have anyone had similar issue and the warranty sent a new psu ? At least what I am suspecting is the psu.
Appreciate anyone sharing his thoughts about this terrible experience at this time of the year (when you have some time off work to drive lol)
Tarek

2 Likes

Did you get this fixed, if so how?

The support team called back the unit, they picked it up fixed it and shipped it back to me. They said it was a faulty component on board.

1 Like