New to the Simucube 2 pro and got a annoying electrical noise from the motor Help

@Gary_Wood I’ve taken a listen to all of your clips and would say the sound is within the normal limits when compared to all of the other bases I’ve heard, including my own.

Hardware wise, I don’t think you have any faults so you really only have two ways to resolve it. Firstly, I’d try to dampen the transmission of sound coming though your mount as others have suggested.

If you are still bugged by it after that step you’ll not really have any other choice but to switch to another manufacturer and (imo) a worse FFB experience.

I want to tell you to stop focusing in on it but of course what bothers each of us differently is a very personal thing. I hope you can resolve it :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My Sport was silent till I used 100% torque with an RSS hybrid at Spa (AC). I learned from different sources that servo motors aren’t “quiet babies”. Small ones, big ones, the one used in toy cars/airplanes with remote control they all come with a certain level of sound. Some racers like to have it as realistic as possible. I remember a Sauber F1 entering pits at Hungaroring and missfired after pushing the limiter. I sat at the first corner before the finish line and was wearing earphones. It was like a shock wave running through my body, like an inferno break loose.

I will be getting a p1x but the noise is still there when ffs is not set high so I agree the rig im currently using is not ideal but I still think the noise would be there regardless of rig as its more electrical noise within the machine itself

Hi all, just an update I have now got this mounted to a p1x and it has reduced majority of the noise but there is still some motor noise, After playing with settings and the new rig its no were near as noticeable to were im not listing for it now which is great. I have had a reply from simucube who have said they are aware of the noise the units make and will try to reduce it in upcoming updates.

So for anyone reading this in the future the noise in my video is normal and to reduce the noise make sure its mounted to a solid rig and adjust settings in the software until your happy with the feel and noise.

Thanks to everyone who give advice and thanks to simucube for replying and actively improving there software from customers feedback👍

4 Likes

Just stumbling on this old thread now in 2024. Was this noise issue ever fixed in SC2 Pro? Looking for something totally silent for my next base.

Have a look at our latest testing release.

1 Like

Thanks Mika! Glad to see that this change is in the testing phase. Are there any negative tradeoffs to this noise reduction?

Maybe someone else has issues greater than me with the “noise”, it has never bothered me, especially when driving with headphones. Also the sound of pedals, shifter etc. bother rest of the family more than the sound of the wheelbase for sure.

I haven’t paid attention if the sound has decreased with FW version though, maybe it has, but didn’t make any difference on my usage of the wheel.