New SC2 Sport w Fanatec V3, Shifter & Handbrake ... do I need Fanatec Wheel Prop Page?

A thousand apologies if this is redundant but Ive spent hours looking for a direct answer…
I just cancelled my order for Fan csl DD and bought a SC2 Sport. Yes, I left the “ecosystem” but I still have V3 pedals, SQ shifter and handbrake (I was able to get my wheel converted to USB and get all components recognized by Win USB game driver util).

Question: I want to be able to calibrate my V3 pedals. Most “nice” pedal designers (SRP, Husk, … more) have their own calibration utility. How do I calibrate my V3’s now that I have no Fanatec drivers installed? Install the Wheel Property page? Use in-game calibration where available? This is probably baby-food to y’all but I’m kinda stuck and don’t want to just start installing Fanatec drivers that will might mess with my 'cube setup.

I run AC, Dirt Rally 2.0 and WRC9 (no iRacing just yet).

Thanks in advance!!

Hi Craig and welcome to the forum!

I have a similar setup - I reinstalled the Fanatec driver (not fanalab) and in that driver you can do the adjustments - if I recall it’s not a ton of adjustment - the top and bottom set points.

Oh and you’ll have no issues with the fanatec driver installed along with the simucube driver, they both co-exists peacefully.

1 Like

Hey …thanks for the quick response and exactly what I needed to know! Will give it all a go as soon as my P1X gets to the US (from Ireland, lol … over $230 US in shipping but they say the cockpit is worth it). Cheers!

1 Like

The P1X is a great piece of sim hardware. Picking up mine tomorrow. :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Too bad you didn’t order from Grid Engineering, a new Simlab distributor in Canada. :frowning:
I think the shipping would have been free.

1 Like

You won’t sleep good I’m afraid. Must be Xmas and birthday together! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

I will have to tuck that info in my hip pocket … I had not heard of Grid… That is for sure better than shipping from over the pond. It wasn’t horrible tho … I went with Digital Motorsports and the price of the rig plus shipping was $910. Then I went back and ordered the feet kit (a heavy piece of kit) for $53 US. When they wanted over $50 more in shipping, I sent a kind note asking them to cut me a break, knowing it was “heavy” and that I did deserve to pay some shipping. DM just waved the shipping all together and refunded it to my card. I have spent a few $$ in the past bit with them and they get 5 stars from me. I even got a call one morning over a question I asked online. I can’t beat that. Have to admit tho that It just “hurt” paying that much in shipping when the rig was only (about) $650 USD. Mine is due in on Wed … but DHL almost always under promises and over delivers. Ive ordered on Friday and had kit on Tuesday.

I think Grid Engineering is only about a year old.
The owner is a really nice guy and also a sim racer. :slight_smile:

They received their first Simlab shipment a few months ago. It is great to have a stocking Simlab dealer in north America!
Especially when you just need accessories.
Many times ordering Simlab accessories from Europe the shipping is as much or more than the product.

2 Likes

Great find, thanks for heads up, Joe. :+1:
Shipping for accessories was overkill.

You are welcome. :slight_smile: