New SC2 Pro owner - but have problems with pedals now

My OSW needed some additional grounding for EMI mitigation, SC2 was trouble free.
May be there is an issue either with wheelbase or PSU.

It does seem very ODD that you are having issues even after groundingā€¦ I know Mika said donā€™t do it and there is a risk with the hot plugging of the power but have you tried grounding the SC2 itself (so donā€™t do it)ā€¦ However, the issue seems to be stemming from the SC2 which means it needs the ground or you have to have very HEAVY rejection on the other devices (which is MUCH more difficult to accomplishā€¦

As @Andrew_WOT mentioned may be there is something from with the SC2 (more than likely the PSU if this is the case) but it is hard to tell.

Questionā€¦ Does this spiking occur at all times when the SC2 is powered or only when the eStop is open allowing full use?.. if you turn off the sc2 (or depending on the above enable the eStop) after iRacing loads does the spiking go away? and allow you to set up the pedals?

The big thing is that if it is an issue with the SC2 then pretty much no matter which pedal set you get, it will most likely have issues.

UPDATE - Bought a set of Asetek pedals - no problems at all. Put the old pedals onto next doors rig - working fine.

Hopefully, there is a buyer now for my Emory hydraulic pedal set :slight_smile: but it will be sad to see them go.

It is a shame really, as the Emory pedals are really good and the brake is the best feeling brake I have ever driven with. (tried load cell etc)

The Asetek Invicta is a good pedal set, well put together and although I am already used to the pressure needed in sims, I think my old brake pedal has a better feel to it; it has been a number of years using them.

Thanks for your help guys.
Phil.

2 Likes

Which version of the pedal set is it?

Asetek Invictaā€¦

No! The other one!! There are different versions from it

ok ok ok - keep yer Alans on!

I didnā€™t know it had different types - looks exactly like the one Barry reviewed all those years agoā€¦

My fault! I read about generations III and therefore concluded that there are newer versions. Looks like they are pretty old. Reviews from 2014 on.

Maybe old - but rare and is a great pedal set. Just a shame it didn;t work with the SC2.

Now - as for ther SC2 Pro - what a wheel! Holy moly!

1 Like

Yeah, the greatest DD you can get bro! Itā€™s an amazing piece of technical engineering. After almost 2 years I do realize more and more what itā€™s about: for me, if a game has a good FFB, the Simucube is best when as less as needed is changed. I sometimes drive with recon off, maybe 3 percent friction, 15 to 20 static force reduction, thatā€™s it. I am, to my surprise, able to run it with a Pimax 5K plus at 110 Hertz, 2560x1440, everything at maximum, post processes aswell (WRONG, THEY ARE OFF, SORRY). This is like sitting in the car (actually I really have the immersion of sitting in the car)

G2 owner here with a home made wind sim as well; VR is immense.

This is my neighbour trying the G1 (got a G2 after) and the last headset he tried was a CV1ā€¦

1 Like

The first time you let someone try is just amazing: they stay in an average room, and a second later they are next to a formula carā€¦in the middle of the track at Spa Fe. Itā€™s unbelievable! Some try to touch the car!! Some take it off immediately, itā€™s too overwhelming. I let people take a ride, but they canā€™t adapt to left braking and get confused. Some also get sick from sitting in front of the curved monitor, not to speak from the troubles with VR. I was able to buy a lighthouse 1, which is making the setup much more easier. VR is really absolutely amazing