New Mige BISS-C Encoder

It is a lot. But it’s approximately. You can actually see that your wheel on screen is lagging behind somewhat. Probably less than 115msec. But since it’s visible I guess 30-100 msec depending on specifics. And most of this delay is not an encoder by any means.

guys,i would like to ask how big difference is between my current encoder 5000ppr and the new encoder biss, if it pays to invest in it? small mige i buy 2 years ago directly from the maker of china and it cost me also transport US $ 359,simracingbay can be bought transport at 178 €

It would be a decent upgrade as would have been the SinCOS, even the 10K is a pretty decent upgrade from the 5K, Only thing with the BiSS is that you HAVE to use the SimuCUBE Firmware as MMOS will not run the ultra high resolution encoders.

Hello @Mash !
I have this encoder : TS5700N8401… How to run it with Granity ?

Thank you for your help !

This encoder is not supported by our current line of servo drives due to the Tamagawa protocol.

Write converter from 485 to 422 protocol…

Hello,

Currently someone write a converter for this encoder ?

Thank you

1 Like

Unfortunately I’m not in possession of such time

Like others, I am in the process of building a racing sim rig based on the simucube and mige. If I order a Mige with biss-c encoder directly from Mige does it come with the correct cables to connect to the simucube or should I resolder the cables?

It comes with the correct cables, but Mige only puts connectors on the Motor side of the cables.
You must put the connectors on the other end.

Hi,
I’m thinking on upgrading to BISS-C encoder. Currently, I’m having a 40k cpr encoder. Basically, I’m satisfied with the current encoder, I’m only having one thing, which bothers me. In Assetto Corsa, the road noise in some cars is weird. It feels like a electric buzz. I’m curious, if it a limitation of the 40k encoder, or AC.
Easy to reproduce this.

• Car: Porsche Boxster S
  • Track: Brands Hatch GP
  • FFB gain in game is 43, and 100% in Simucube config tool
  • Small Mige
  • Reconstruction filter is 1
  • Increase the road noise gain to like 7 or 8

Is that feels similar on BISS-C, or better? If no change on this field, I would rather skip the update now, and save this money for a future motion sim. :slight_smile:

The buzz effect you describe affects SinCos, too. Must be quality of AC and DD wheel, not the encoder.

Thanks! You saved me some money!

On the topic of road effects feeling like electrical buzzing—I did find that using Reconstruction Filter of 3 or 4 helped make it feel more natural even up to about 15 percent on road effects. Not perfect . . . but usable.

Alan

Although that desn’t mean that upgrading from 40 to BISS-C or even sincos isn’t worth it.

Yes, that’s what I’m doing right now. I’m using reconstruction filter 3 mostly. But besides of the buzz, everything else seems better on 1.

I’m sure it does worth it, but right now, I have thousands of possibilities to develop my “rig”. That buzz bothered me mostly. So I can re-prioritize things now.

Turn off this canned effect! Problem solved :wink:

That’s not a canned effect. It is the gain of the road noise. Anyway, I amplified it only to show you the problem easily. I’m keeping it 0, but some cars are doing it without the amplification as well, like the Tatuus, if I remember right.

Well, by design and the limitation of the simulation it has to be actually canned.

Why? Because simply the road noise in real life is due to the roughness of the road. Meaning all the small stones in the tarmac that generate those vibrations on the tyres, then transmitted to the chassis.
The simulation can’t handle that with a 500hz engine: a tick at 500hz is 5 cm for a 100kph speed.