Moza R9 470$ vs Simucube2 1500$

In Simhub I can see raw data information and computed. It also has a feature showing axes, steering angels, pedals ammo as telemetry. Could this be a source where you get part of the information needed from?

SimHub is just surfacing what games are outputting via shared memory, special APIs, or other means.

And, yes, it’s exactly the kind of info and it’s exactly the technique that can be leveraged for telemetry-based ffb.

1 Like

The only wheel that currently really has full Telemetry Feedback is using the Accuforce with Foundation Feedback… With that they use the telemetry to create a FFB signal to their wheel… What is interesting though is that many using it (at least with iRacing) prefer more Game FFB delivers to the wheel than the SimExperience Foundation… They allow a mixed ratio of styles…

SimComander is probably the epitome of the amount of control you can have over FFB and yes it is complicated and hard to set-up and I can see Granite trying to not have that happen by limiting/removing things that they feel are unneeded to adjust… SimCommander was the first to do cloud based tuning and then True Drive followed. It was an attempt to ease the learning curve into SimCommander and get people up and running quicker… They however are not removing any of the highly advanced tuning features, They just “hide” them if you don’t want to see them…

That is sort of the issue at hand… The suggestion of Removing features that many have used to set-up their devices to get them how they like them and then never touch them again… because they are “not used” doesn’t make sense. They were used to get the right feel for them. Removing them means they wouldn’t have that at their disposal to get a correct feel should things change. It is a Tool and the bigger the toolbox in many cases the wider the range of use.

Advancement of the filter implementation is one thing… But combining filter to try to make them simpler to use is probably a bad idea. i.e lets say you combine damping and friction … how are you going to account for someone using high friction low damping and of course the opposite. and then everything in between… There would have to be some forced fixed ratios involved which may not meet every criteria.

1 Like

AF had reason to do Telemetry FFB with the motion systems… so it was simple and easy for them to translate it to the wheel… The problem with Telemetry Based Feedback is that the Manufacturer has to make the assumption of HOW to process that telemetry… Sure it is more RAW but… once it gets into the program (i.e. SimComander in this case) it is up to the developer to translate and process that data to something that works for their equipment… which could be great or terrible depending on how good they are at it… i.e. they could make an Excellent FFB output feel really Bad or an Excellent feel more Excellent but the opposite is true as well… Again it is another tool…

With iRacing their FFB output incorporates all the telemetry from the car to the steering as they feel it should from that car… the issue is they remove the things from the steering that are NOT actually normally felt in the steering in the way that Gaming/SimRacers want to feel it, i.e. 90% of the time rumble strips are not felt by the drivers in the steering, They are heard and felt through the chassis/suspension, the steering system dampens out all the vibration through the wheel. Though in a real car you may get some vibration at the wheel BUT it is due to translation through the chassis and not actually coming from the steering shaft itself.

So yea iRacing already has telemetry based feedback… you just cant adjust it yourself… and you can argue the refresh could be better to make it smoother.

Oh and SimHub adoption is because it is free and you can build it up as you want… you don’t need to purchase a SimCommander License… Kind of like how the SimuCUBE started…

Not the reason myself and many others I know dumped SimVibe for sure as we all had license already.
Was long time when I was on SimVibe support forum, but something tells me it’s an empty and deserted place now.

with the thrustmaster DD, 649€, I will sell my SC2 pro, simply cause thrustmaster wheel base are compatible with most of the games, like Dirt 5, Forza Horizon 5, WRC, and my SC2 pro not, I like arcade games too…10 Nm will be enough…I get bored to not play with my arcade games, and WRC is not compatible with SC2

have fun, see you around.

WRC 8,9,10 and Generations are working very well with a Simucube 2. The title has also no problem with shifters, handbrake and wheels neither.
Games not recognizing the Simucube are games where the developer didn’t included Granite products. For whatever reason they did this is a question you should ask them.
Just make sure your new product does support the titles you miss so much, before you buy it. And that the term “ecosystem” is an euphemism for a marketing strategy called lock in effect

’Lock in’ aims to create a barrier for customers to switch from your brand or offering and instead move to a competitor offering. It can do this through a combination of increasing switching costs or the effort to transfer (soft lock-in) and positive reasons to stay such as superior brand experience or incentives.

i can totally understand this point of view and it’s totally valid, i mean even the true drive software is rapidly being overtaken by the competition too