Motor SC1 analysis

it is rather strange since the sdr psu shouldn’t have any problems delivering 20A to cause undervoltage. Try lowering the amps by 1A at a time to find the spot that doesn’t trigger the problem. For example mmc 19A , mcc 18A . I don’t see something wrong in the settings with first glance , wait for others to check too.

Okay, the max are 24,5 till 25,5 and i am now at 22/20 and tell you, if i get problems with that.

Okay, it don’t work with that. After some minutes, the wheel a little weak but it comes back till the next corner.
What can i do for 100% 24A and every time?
Change the power supply?

I just invested 130€ für a BISS-C.

I have the Ioni Pro HC with max 24.5 A, so i can use a better power supply.

This can be realistic, it has 21A, my actual has 10/14A:

This has 34A and more than i ever need.

Do not pay before you understand how things work. I ll try to explain in a bit.

To tell you the truth i don’t see why running your motor at 24.5A is so crucial.
Your psu has 10A and can go up to 15A. But rms is not peak of sine, so we can’t mix the power that the psu produces with the mmc amps because they are not the same. You can spend ofc your money and get a SDR960-48 is a good choise https://www.reichelt.de/schaltnetzteil-hutschiene-960-w-48-v-20-a-snt-mw-sdr960-48-p132741.html?r=1 , but in my opinion you could just work the motor with less amp and it will still be too powerful.

Okay, but i am right, that the Power Supply are the bottleneck?
And, btw. it will be perfekt for the original case.
And 200€ are fine for me.

If the reason for the stop is undervoltage , then i guess yes , the psu can not provide the juice that you are asking. I would first find settings that don’t trip the problem to be sure that the psu is the reason and then start searching for a new one. And in the meantime you will find if the amps/nm are enough for you with the psu that you have (because i doubt you need more).

I don’t know what case you have but the sdr-960-48 is a rather big psu.

I have the first one, 480/720W from Simracing-Bay, 4 years ago.
Also, now i am testing MCC und MMC 10A and 7A, and when it’s works fine, the power supply are will be changed.

EDIT:
Test are over, with 10 and 7A no problems.

why don’t you try 15A mmc and 14A mcc ? i mean why stay so low ?

I want test, if its makes problems with all values. But, when it lower, i works stable.
Now i can buy the 960 watt power supply and have got more reserves.

Manolo: Are you running the big Mige, I.e M15015?

If yes, it will need 550W to keep happy at the max achievable (on 48vdc) 28NM torque if we assume 95% efficiency from the Ioni Pro HC. It means your SDR-480-48 will trip after 3 seconds once you exceed 480W, it can only do a very short burst up to 750W with some caveats.

So if you are indeed regularly exceeding ~20NM on that servo, best to go for a larger than 600W psu (continuous rating)

Cheers,
Beano

1 Like

Thank you, Monday the 960 48V PS comes and then I change it. After that, I have the maximum SC1 :grin:

Best steering system ever.

1 Like

Okay, it don’t work.
I get 48V, where the cables connected and all another cables at the same point connected. Any Idea?

does it work with your old psu ?

Yes, don’t work with the old, too.
No led lights are on at the board.

You sure you have positive + and Negative - hooked up correctly on the Simucube board?
If you hook it up backwards it will normally kill the Simucube board and Ioni.

The 960 must have 208/240 AC input. It will not work on 120v

No, both are fine.
235V and all cables like bevore.
Red on + and black are -

Okay guys,
i just found the problem.
I just changed the PSU and maybe, the first start of it or i don’t know, kills the board.
The IONI are fine.
Now i have an another board and it works fine.

BTW, the board are only then okay, when 1 green LED on and 1 till 2 sec later, the second one starts.
The boards, what are bad, have only one green LED working or a orange sarting with the green, too.

Can you describe whether the leds are on the Simucube or the IONI card?

Here are the 4 LED’s, when 3 are on and 6 are comes also to on, than all is fine.
Google Photos

The torque sensors get damaged after prolonged use. Sometimes the efficiency of the motor drops.To know more about motor engines or any other industrial motor equipments have a visit on Reliance electric motor.