Motor goes crazy after updating Windows

Just started my PC, opened TD and after choosing the AMS profile the wheel starts going crazy (fast left turn). Got the fault location ID: 442001. What is going on? I have no more idea.

When I am back from vacation I will delete my TD profile of AMS2 and hope the new one will work.

And again, and again, and again.

Still the same issue. Suddenly the wheel is starting to go crazy (shaking wild until e-stop is pressed). Changed the USB-cable and the USB port. Even the socket where the AC-cable is pluged in.
Is there any posibility to renew the actual firmware or do a factory reset? Or do I have to wait until the new true drive version arrives?
Is it normal, that the blue light of the power supply still is lightning even if the AC-cable is not connected?

Help, please. Has anybody any idea.

Got a new motherboard and did a total fresh windows install too.

Edit: just went to the true drive software. The center was wrong, like always when that issue happens. Tried to recenter while the e-stop was pressed. I made a video of what happened.

Hi,

Is the wheel being registered correctly in games if you press e-stop button? Also, which firmware version are you running?

Hi Mika,

FW is 1.0.18 Servo drive FW: 10821

I just started AMS and the wheel is registered, but with the wrong center.

The behaviour of the wheel is what happens when the issue appears.

Just started my PC and my SC2. Got Motor fault Location ID: 0

When I turn on my SC it makes a strang sound. Like 2 gears scratching over eachother.

The LED blinks blue, red and all 5-10 times it also blinks green.

Blue means normal operating mode, red means Torque is clipping/saturated and green means wheel has turned over bumpstop.

What is that?

Edit: It looks like the blue and red LED is because of the high torque mode. It is blinking blue, red, red. But why the green?

That really looks strange!..

Does this happen also if you disconnect all other devices from your system?

I disconnected all USB Devices, except my keyboard and the SC. I started the PC and after starting the SC the wheel was turning fast, very fast. Fortunately I disconnected the steering wheel and was not hit by the cable.

It is as if the encoder is loose on the motor shaft, and the vibration causes it to turn bit by bit.

Green led is going on when the indicated steering angle goes over bumpstop angle.

Ok, this is a clear indication that either the encoder is loose on the motor shaft or mechanically broken. The phase angle for driving current to the motor phases goes wrong and causes torque to be applied, instead of adding just friction.

You should contact your reseller to get next steps. Or email us if your Simucube 2 was bought from our pop-up store.

Ok. I will contact the reseller.

Thank you.

Today I got my replacement unit. Thanks a lot!

3 Likes

My investigations continued right before I started my summer holiday last Wednesday. The motor did the strange behavior only once. The suspicion is a random fault in the encoder (dust, impact/shock damage or something). First case ever, and extremely bad luck…

2 Likes