MMos to Simucube help firmware error PLS help for the love of simracing

That fault that you are getting right at the beginning of log, is triggered right on the first time after initializing the communications with the IONI drive, upon trying to read the first parameter. Actually, the second parameter would be the IONI firmware version, but attempt to read it just does not happen as the first command fails.

Hi
Thanks I will try.

Ok I give up this sucks big time

Not sure exactly if you have tried removing the IONI and checking over the pins just to make sure something is not dirty and then reseating it. It is sort of strange that you mention MMOS works which means that only certain connections are compromised and not all.

I wonder what would happen if you downgraded to say 10.4… You can do this by just downloading the firmware package opening the included configuration tool and then installing the firmware manually through the button.

I do not believe it is a firmware issue.

However, if @Johann_SIMRACING_Era wants to try, I think the 0.10.x firmware package will immediately say that the installed firmware is too new, and quits.

Correct procedure to try 0.10.4 is, in 0.11.2, Click Update Firmware, then cancel the wizard when it says “Found Simucube in firmware upgrade mode” and then go with 0.10.4 from that state.

Ok not working clean Ioni board did the firmware thing. In granity must i have SimpleMotion USB (FT230X Basic UART) and Simple Motion serial port (com1)

Ahh I forgot you put the Newer firmware check in there…

Is this right

Mika do you think i must order a new board:hot_face:

Bus address 1 looks to be right. I would try with another Simucube board next.

Was was afraid you going to say that the rand in South Africa are so weak i will have to sell my Car and My ex wife to order a new one.

Thanks for the help every body

If MMOS works you could always go back to that until which time you can. Granted it isn’t as good but it will get you driving.

Also If Esa sees this he might be able to give you an idea of a component that might be responsible on the board which you might be able to check out to see if you can fix or have the board fixed (depending), this is possible with some things and it doesn’t seem like the basic connections between the Ini and Processor are bad if MMOS works.

Thats my thing i can do all the settings in MMOS

And as far as know not a lot of simucubes in South Africa. So no one that can help me here