Mige 80st-M04025 Continuous current value and peak current value

ioni

Hi all ! I have a question regarding the current value for the mige 80ST-M04025 with Ioni Pro HC and Simucube.

From the motor documentation, I have the following value :
Rated current (A) = 4.4
Peak current (A) = 13.2

Do I need to copy those values for MCC (continuous current value ) and MMC (peak current value) ?

I did that, and that allows me to set the power up to 13.2A in simucube settings… I am wondering if it’s safe …

Furthermore, I found out on this website that I need to multiply the document value by pi… Is it true ?

My hardware configuration:

• Mige 80st-M04025
  • Simucube 11.2
  • Ioni Pro HC 10707

You can set mcc to rated and mmc to peak current. Just beware on such a small servo, you need a good mount to whisk the heat away, as that servo will run very hot at max torque.

Cheers,
Beano

these values are in rms , so basically you could put them even higher because in the configuration it is in pos. https://granitedevices.com/wiki/Peak_value_of_sine
so you can multiply these values with 1.414 to get the pos values. If you are going to use this setup for racing i would up the mcc closer to mmc.

Thanks to both of you.

That means that as long as mcc is inferior to mmc, there is no risk ?

Correct, and as Loukas says, you can take those values each x 1.4142 and use those as settings.

Cheers,
Beano

A good setting is mcc lower than mmc for 0.50 amp or 1amp. You can try ofc.

Thanks a lot everyone :slight_smile:

Hi, any idea at which temperature it can operates ? Even at around 14A it becomes so hot I can barely touch it…

The servos are rated up to 120 degrees Celcius. If you can keep hand on the servo for one second, then the temperature likely does not exceed 70 degrees.

But yeah, the smallest Mige servos are very inefficient.