Messed up my IONI..Granity gives error

Thanks for your input Mika.

I tried all of the tricks I know several times and nothing worked.

Once I did not have errors displayed at the top of the Simucube screen, but as soon as I tried to run motor config the driver error came back.

I guess Nic has to buy a new Simucube board.

It looks like the Ioni is ok.

So then by replacing the Simucube board I would be able to run Simucube software?

Mika I also forgot to mention:
Once I have 11.2 installed I can click the enable disable button and connect to Granity.

Is that controlled by the same chip that you think has failed?

Or is it a whole different scenario when the Simucube board is trying to communicate with the Ioni to output motor commands?

Like when trying to configure motor for the first time?

That button controls that chip, yes. I would guess that the fault is in that chip or there is a cold solder or something. We never got back the other Simucube that had this issue…

Ok ,thanks Mika.

I just wanted to make sure we exhausted all things before Nic orders a new Simucube board.

Nic received his Simucube board yesterday.
Thank you guys at Granite Devices!!

He is now up and running and good to go.

2 odd things happened during the upgrade that I have never seen before.

#1 problem
After 11.2 was installed, motor config complete and profiles loaded.
When I selected the profile from the drop down list and hit the save as default button, the drop down immediately changed back to the default.

I decided to proceed to install 1.0.30

#2 problem
After the install, when I ran the motor config I got an error that basically meant that the SMV2 files were corrupt. I wish I would have written down the fault.

I opened up Granity and found a different fault code that basically meant the same thing.
** Edit
I am pretty sure this was the fault code 485001

I went back in DFU mode via dip switches.
Installed the clear all DFU from 1.0.30
Installed 11.2 again and completed setup. This time profile save as default worked correctly.
After installing the latest SC1 Firmware 1.0.30 the SMV2 error did not happen.:slight_smile:

Nic is setup and happy!

He does need help from someone for proper Assetto settings for Simucube and Assetto.
Nic has SC1 with Large Mige and 10k encoder.