(maybe) the end of my sim journey

hey guys, i’m afraid i have to quit simracing for good, i had surgery yesterday to fix a cut tendon in my right arm after a domestic incident…after sooo many years i think my journey ends here :disappointed:if I will ever be able to drive with ffb again,it surely won’t be as before. I will keep on helping here in the forum but yeah… that sucks hard

Damn, I’m really sorry to hear that. It sounds like a really painful injury and I hope you can heal up as soon as possible.

Forget trying to sim race and give yourself as much time as it takes to heal properly before trying anything as your health is much more important than this hobby. I hope you can stick around while you are waiting :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I wouldnt give up just yet. After a getting rear ended at a red light it took a while but i eventually got to where i could do an hour or so with lighter ffb. Its been 9 years now and i run with pretty much normal ffb levels and dont have a time limit. Once in a while ill have to catch the car and i can feel it in my shoulder but nothing serious. Just dont rush it. Thats coming from someone with little patience for stuff like that but at least i didnt have to give up my hobby.

2 Likes

Get well soon! Driving is good mobility training, even with less FFB. It will just need a bit of time to get the “static” pain to a manageable level.

3 Likes

Get well soon, most of these injuries heal over time with some rehab. I have torn rotator cuff myself, barely notice it now.

2 Likes

These are terrible news, saddens me…in January 20 I broke my lower and upper ankle in my right foot. Also something quite severe. I wish you a soon recovery, get well soon! Hopefully you gonna enter the “cockpit” again, and the recovery is speedy.

2 Likes

get well soon!
you have tons of experience with simracing, the journey may goes an other direction…

1 Like

Hi! Just wanted to say hello and ask if the first shock is already over. Hopefully surgery was as successful as planned and you soon can start rehab! Till soon :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

hey man, thanks. I’ll see if surgery went all good on Friday when I’ll have the first check at the hospital. in the meantime I discovered a lot of simracers that use only one hand, such as the great South Paw Racer, go check him on yt, he’s faster than I was with two :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

also funny how the last sim gear I bought just a few days prior the incident was a SHH shifter…I guess it will sit in its box waiting for better days

This is clearly the answer of a true fighter!! You soon will be able to grab the wheel again with both hands! In the mean time you gonna crush competitors one handed, gonna be an embarrassing experience for them (I pray to God I don’t accidentally run into you at an online race :hatching_chick:). Both fingers crossed for Friday :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Good luck :four_leaf_clover: for todays check!!!

1 Like

Sorry to hear of your incident man. Keep positive and hope you make a speedy recovery. Good luck with the check up today.

1 Like

Hi! Didn’t hear from you, bothers me a bit. Hope you received good news at last Friday’s meeting with the doctors! Enjoy your weekend :four_leaf_clover:

hey man, thanks. all seems good for now, but they gave me not less than 2/3 months before I’ll return using the arm as before… we’ll see :+1:

5 Likes

Youll know if youre pushing it too hard. These kind of injuries take a long time to heal and even when you think its good you may aggravate it. Eventually it will get back to mostly normal. Good luck!

1 Like

Get better soon, Mate, and yes, you can race one-handed. A few years ago, I had a badly frozen shoulder, right arm was useless for about a year. Still kept racing, only a few tenths off pace :wink:

Speedy recovery for you!

1 Like

guys, great news. today I turned the first laps in almost 3 months using the right hand, and I must say it was almost a success. I had to tune down the overall torque at around 50% but, with the help of a wrist brace, I managed to drive for about half an hour. doesn’t sound much but it’s a big achievement :v: many thanks to everybody for the kind messages!

10 Likes

Thats how i started after the accident. Keep at it and dont overdo it. Pretty soon youll be back at like before. :

1 Like

Super news, welcome back, great to see you at it once again :slight_smile:

1 Like