Mach4 Granite Devices motion plugin open beta

i will try today again but the first at the first try i didn’t had any luck to spin the motors in mach 4 ! i have licensed mach 4 !

Hi Danrusu,
Please let us know how you make out.

Hi Guys, any updates? My big router has a dead drive. I could buy 1 DC drive and use the old motors and drives while upgrading to Mach4. If the plug-in works well, it might make financial sense to buy the drives and some motors. This way I would never have to replace motors in my lifetime.
Mike

We’re getting back on this with bug fixes. We have found few bugs our selves, but to get them all solved, we need your feedback.

So: everyone who has tried the Mach4 plugin, please share your experiences below (i.e. describe problems, error messages etc). Or if it worked just fine, let us know that too :slight_smile:

I hear a lot of silence from your testers. Hopefully it is just that they are spending time with their families over the holidays.
I am getting closer to working on the big router again and the cost savings of not having to buy a motion controller is very appealing!
If you want me to test your Mach4 plugin for you, send me 3 drives and I will jump right on working on the router!

Mike

Still looking for some feedback.

Mike

Here we are, coming up on 2 years and no one is using the Mach4 plugin?

Happy holidays.

We really haven’t gotten any feedback on anyone using it. However there are few known issues or bugs that we have noted internally, and might be fixing them at some point if there are any users for it.

Thanks for the update.

Does this work with Mach4 Hobby?

Hi

From our wiki page:
The plugin has been developed and tested with industrial version 4.2.0.3481. Hobby version 4.2.0.3804 does not work.

Kind regards,
Esa

Hi Esa,
All well and good but Mach4 is at version 4300 and several years beyond the date that the wiki page was created.
I was very interested in buying 3 Argon drives, right until it only works with industrial. Any chance it will work with Mach4 hobby in the future? Really looking forward to trying your drives.

Hi Esa,
Did I say something wrong that I don’t get a response? I meant no disrespect.
Maybe the fact that it only works on industrial is the reason you didn’t get much response from your Beta testers.

Mike

Hi,

Esa has been having a flu (not the corona!) last week and this week, so that explains the delay.

At a quick look, there should be no reason why it would not work with the hobby version. So it is something that we would have to take a look at.

I hope Esa feels better, being sick anytime is no fun :frowning:

Let me know if you get it working with Hobby.

Thanks for replying.

Mike

Hi Mike

I’m sorry for the delay, the common influenza hit me hard (as usual).

We have not tested the plugin with newer versions of Mach4. However, I don’t know when we will get back to that project due to resource allocation elsewhere.

Kind regards,
Esa

Hi Esa,
Thanks for getting back to me. Glad to hear that you are feeling better.
Due to the lack of “interest” (for lack of a better word) in making this work, I have gone in a different direction.
I will keep an eye on this to see if there is any progress made for future projects.
Happy Easter.

Mike

Hi, is there any confirmation or new news if the Motion plugin works with Hobby version of Mach4?
I’m building cnc Router and I own Simucube 2 Pro and loving how it works, so I was planning on using IONICUBE, but found this note on Wiki page of plugin.

The plugin has been developed and tested with industrial version 4.2.0.3481. Hobby version 4.2.0.3804 does not work.

Hi Nufan

The Mach4 plugin does not work with the hobby version.

We are currently focusing on Simucube and our resources are allocated to that.

It doesn’t take much more resources (money and equipment) to use IONICUBE with Mach4. There are a lot of e.g. step/dir interfaces for Mach4, and some of those are very affordable.

Kind regards,
Esa