Knocking Sound from SC 2 PRO

So my SC2 Pro which ive had for a few years has developed this knocking sound.

This sound happens with the base OFF and with the base ON. #
There is no sound from rotation, that is still very smooth.

all the bolts from the wheel to the QR to the shaft have all been checked and they are all tight.
the rig is not making the noise however i am aware it has ome flex to it, dont be confused by the video.

I can also make the noise happen without the wheel and QR attached so i know its from the shaft.

it is very slight but concerning nonetheless. i dont want this to worsen over time.

HELP PLS, i have submitted a ticket but it will be out of warranty now, is this the end?

Our support team will reply in the support ticket.

1 Like

For anyone here in the Future.

Simmucube are quick to respond with support but looks like a £450 fix from what I can tell.

Unfortunately I can’t stomach that at the moment so just for everyone’s info.

Preventative Advice! (My setup has no extension😢)

“ What I can only suggest really is to avoid using any extensions for the shaft. The setup you have now is fine, but avoiding extensions would be crucial to not put further horizontal or vertical torque to the motor shaft when driving. It’s easy to accidentally kind of push up or pull down on the wheel at the same time when you are turning on it and that stress will be worse if the shaft is extended.”

1 Like

That’s good to know

It seems like if people want to run an extension they’ll need to plan for additional support at the extended point of the shaft

1 Like