Just got my sc2 pro. Is it usually this loud?

Why would the ball bearing make noise? It’s a brand new system

2 Likes

mi sport con 3 semanas tambien hace ese ruido, mi solucion es subir el filtro de reconstruccion al 8 bajando bastante el nivel de ruido y al 10 casi desaparece por completo, al 5 o 3 es insoportable, esperemos que con futuras actualizaciones se solucione

Read the link, it explains.

lo que dice el enlace es lo mismo que le digo al compañero

Too low rcon. put it on 9 and leave it there always for anygame and its gone. best ffb ever and a quiet wheel…

this video explains it all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KFEn6QB_0o i am tired of telling this over and over thats why i made this video and still none seems too know :slight_smile: everybody should watch this video. works exactly the samef or sc1 and 2. here is a screenshot of my most up to date ffb settings for anygame with current firmware where all the values for sc1 and 2 are basically the same.

start with these settings as a base and go from there and exprimentate.

More like a specific personal preference than a rule.
Most sims need very low Recon 1-3 to completely tame down the graininess, anything on the top just adds even more rubbery, muffled feel (again matter of taste), and some latency.

3 Likes

Very high values for the reconstruction filters can introduce issues, however. I might be wrong, but I’m approaching it from experience with smoothing filters where you want as little as possible to get the job done.

Here’s the User Guide description (see bolded part):

This filter smooths out low update rate torque signal from the simulator to the maximum possible rate while making the changes between simulator torque updates smooth. The filter predicts torque behavior. Low filters values are reactive also when torque rate or direction changes quickly, but some of the original notchyness from the low frequency remains in the signal. Higher values are smoother, but the torque peaks might overshoot compared to the signal that the simulator produces. This due to the predictive algorithm. Typically, in constant torque modes or in typical driving conditions, there is no apparent lag, and the filter just makes the wheel feel rubberier towards the higher values.

I guess I want as little algorithmic prediction as possible so I’m closest to the true signal but that means putting up with noise.

1 Like

“Prediction” what a KeyWord!!!
Magic ball inside?
Just like new Screen Space Reflcetions: if not drawed on screen, not reflections shown

And that “Torque peaks might overshoot” translates in too much bumps

There was a good post with diagrams explaining the whole overshot situation.

2 Likes

You should watch the video. Even sims with 360hz ffb need rcon 8or9.
the video explains it all.
it doesn’t make it feel rubbery or does not add lag. they should have never added those descriptions. people just choose low rcon ahh its fast and detailed lol. the “lag” it add is negligible. it just makes a jaggy digital signal analog. and you need a lot of filtering to achieve that. you might loose a tiny bit of feedback which so many people are afraid off but that feedback is muffled by so much noise its still not there.

even a 360hz signal is way to low and noisy too use such low rcon. you just mistake noise for feedback nothing else.

it’s no shame a lot of people mistake noise for feedback and road texture!

1 Like

It’s true, you need reconstruction 9 else you feel noise from the FFB. This happens because every 1/60 sec there is a digital step signal from the sim to the Simucube. On a low reconstruction filter what you feel is a staircase from those signals which really should be small increases or decreases in force/resistance. Not to be mistaken with road texture or detailed force feedback.

1 Like

Why do I need to watch some random internet dude video instead of using my own judgment.
There is zero noise in AC, ACC, R3E and AMS2 with Recon 1 on SC2 Pro, why would I want extra overshot, latency, and less details on the top of that.
If you need to go as high as 10, you need to check your servo, could be defective.

3 Likes

You really don’t get it but it’s fine. :smiley: keep on dreaming.
also not willing to learn or listen or react in a normal way, which is fine too acting in a real ignorant way :smiley:

ofcource there is noise in all the games you play. 360hz ffb signal noise or a different rate in some others if you cant even feel that :smiley: it’s just funny. you can feel all the pulses of the signal like you are turning gears…

2 Likes

I’m so glad to read these comments here. As I said that 2 years ago, they said all sorts of things, just not admitting that it makes noises in it’s normal state. At that time i was bullied even here in the forum because I was posting here about the noise problem.

Thank you that I’m not the only one who is annoyed about those sounds.

Meanwhile I know that it is because of the bad ffb of the games. When trying a sinus wave on wheelchek, on different frequencies with 100% output, no noises can be heard and the whole room vibrates. In games, with the smallest vibrations, it sounds like porcelain.

I hope for a filter, like the slew rate limit, that only reacts to the peaks of every impulse so that the entire ffb is converted into a softer signal without losing its acceleration on the entire ffb. Like, slew rate with editable duration in ms for every impulse. Because the problem lies precisely there, the too direct ffb is not only unrealistic, it also causes exactly this noise.

Until then i will enjoy the base as it is.

Nicsos, I told you pretty clearly early in the discussion the sounds were normal sounds, not any fault of the servo, especially so considering the raw settings you were running back then. You were indicating something was broken in your motor, I simply told you it was standard sounds and limitations from the sims, with the servo replicating what the setpoints were telling it.

No bullying was involved from my memory, but probably a bit of frustration from some members here when you went off on your own tangent, even posting some videos about the so-called problems? Maybe I am confusing you with someone else, but I usually have a good memory regarding these things.

My apologies in advance if I am thinking about someone else though. I saw however that you are having fun with your system though ? You fully settled down with your wheel, found good working settings, or? Answering to your expectations?

Beano, yes you were the first one who told me that those noises are normal. You also gave me a professional answer about the noises on your yt channel.

Unfortunately, many other users were of the opinion that the base made no noise, which unsettled me whether my base was broken. As you can read here in this post, there are still users who claim that the base is mice quiet. If you read something like that and buy the base, you will get the surprise.

Probably i’m wrong, but i want to believe that one day this problem will be completely fixed so that we can play without that metallic hiss from the base.

The problem is, that you can feel this metallic hissing, which i still haven’t understood where it comes from, right down to your hands. The lighter the steering wheel, the more it’s transferred to the hands.

I still read too often, super quiet, super smooth and no noise. So I’m glad that there are others like me who are bothered by these little details. Because in this way we can stimulate the developers to perfect the product.

For the moment it is as it is and i’m enjoying my base with the best possible configuration. Personally, i solved it with recon on 7-9 and added two additional buttkicker LFE. These give the illusion of recovering the filtered out details.

Thank you for your helpfulness, that’s very much appreciated.

Ha, glad you found something that worked for you, nothing as disappointing as buying high-end gear and your experience isn’t great.

Having a fair discussion over at iRacing about ffb rates, but there won’t be changes in that department for many years the way I read it, happy to stand corrected though. So yes, for things like road-surface, etc, we need to supplement with shakers, as they are not forwarding that information, other than twisting-force mostly, to the wheel.

So the noise around the Center and the associated graininess you feel in iRacing is directly related to the lower ffb update rates, as is the low-frequency oscillations you experience. Of course both issues can be filtered out, at the risk of making a bland signal even more bland.

But anyway, have fun, Nicsos, we’re here if you need to bump ideas, take care that side.

Cheers,
Beano

1 Like

Recon 9 will kill most of FFB, don’t know where it would be useful tbh

Yes i tried today recon 9 and it felt rubbery smooth as my ex v2.5 :wink: but i like recon 4-5 setting :wink: so regarding noise it really should be mentioned, as when i setup at first was absolutely happy but this sound ruined my happiness a lit bit :slight_smile: now indo not care about this small sound but it always reminds me why there is such sound maybe something working wrong :slight_smile: i thought DD are dead quit, seems every review silence about it…

It’s a motor, running at fast rpms and high torque. Taking this into consideration it’s just normal. Don’t worry

1 Like