Just got my sc2 pro. Is it usually this loud?

Just got my sc2 pro. Is it usually this loud?

Video: https://youtu.be/AWYXqbBHjfw

2 Likes

Yes, it can make those sounds at that volume and it’s very dependent on the settings you are using.

1 Like

From the video it seems you have the Simcore shaft extension installed. Did you make sure the extension has a couple of millimeter clearance from the motor front plate and does not touch it?

Yeah, it is vitally important to leave a gap on the motor front flange when installing any extension or when re-installing the original hub. The conical shaft clamp pulls the black anodized part closer when tightening the four screws in the shaft clamp.

The long part can also have some acoustic space inside it, which can amplify some of the sounds coming from the motor.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

If the outer part of the hub touches the motor front flange at any point when tightening, it will start to pull the motor shaft from the motor. When tightening, the pulling force can easily be upwards of 1000 N (~ higher than 100 kg) and that will for sure damage the balls in the ball bearings of the motor.

1 Like

It has a 2mm space between the hub and the motor

1 Like

I was disappointed by that level of noise, too. I was lead by reviews to believe it was silent.

My AF was quieter than this, aside from the fan.

Still, it’s not a racket. Very enjoyable, nonetheless.

2 Likes

Set higher Recon filter and see if it goes away. Some noise can also be from ball bearing. I think manual says something about it.

Why would the ball bearing make noise? It’s a brand new system

2 Likes

mi sport con 3 semanas tambien hace ese ruido, mi solucion es subir el filtro de reconstruccion al 8 bajando bastante el nivel de ruido y al 10 casi desaparece por completo, al 5 o 3 es insoportable, esperemos que con futuras actualizaciones se solucione

Read the link, it explains.

lo que dice el enlace es lo mismo que le digo al compañero

Too low rcon. put it on 9 and leave it there always for anygame and its gone. best ffb ever and a quiet wheel…

this video explains it all https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KFEn6QB_0o i am tired of telling this over and over thats why i made this video and still none seems too know :slight_smile: everybody should watch this video. works exactly the samef or sc1 and 2. here is a screenshot of my most up to date ffb settings for anygame with current firmware where all the values for sc1 and 2 are basically the same.

start with these settings as a base and go from there and exprimentate.

More like a specific personal preference than a rule.
Most sims need very low Recon 1-3 to completely tame down the graininess, anything on the top just adds even more rubbery, muffled feel (again matter of taste), and some latency.

3 Likes

Very high values for the reconstruction filters can introduce issues, however. I might be wrong, but I’m approaching it from experience with smoothing filters where you want as little as possible to get the job done.

Here’s the User Guide description (see bolded part):

This filter smooths out low update rate torque signal from the simulator to the maximum possible rate while making the changes between simulator torque updates smooth. The filter predicts torque behavior. Low filters values are reactive also when torque rate or direction changes quickly, but some of the original notchyness from the low frequency remains in the signal. Higher values are smoother, but the torque peaks might overshoot compared to the signal that the simulator produces. This due to the predictive algorithm. Typically, in constant torque modes or in typical driving conditions, there is no apparent lag, and the filter just makes the wheel feel rubberier towards the higher values.

I guess I want as little algorithmic prediction as possible so I’m closest to the true signal but that means putting up with noise.

1 Like

“Prediction” what a KeyWord!!!
Magic ball inside?
Just like new Screen Space Reflcetions: if not drawed on screen, not reflections shown

And that “Torque peaks might overshoot” translates in too much bumps

There was a good post with diagrams explaining the whole overshot situation.

2 Likes

You should watch the video. Even sims with 360hz ffb need rcon 8or9.
the video explains it all.
it doesn’t make it feel rubbery or does not add lag. they should have never added those descriptions. people just choose low rcon ahh its fast and detailed lol. the “lag” it add is negligible. it just makes a jaggy digital signal analog. and you need a lot of filtering to achieve that. you might loose a tiny bit of feedback which so many people are afraid off but that feedback is muffled by so much noise its still not there.

even a 360hz signal is way to low and noisy too use such low rcon. you just mistake noise for feedback nothing else.

it’s no shame a lot of people mistake noise for feedback and road texture!

1 Like

It’s true, you need reconstruction 9 else you feel noise from the FFB. This happens because every 1/60 sec there is a digital step signal from the sim to the Simucube. On a low reconstruction filter what you feel is a staircase from those signals which really should be small increases or decreases in force/resistance. Not to be mistaken with road texture or detailed force feedback.

1 Like

Why do I need to watch some random internet dude video instead of using my own judgment.
There is zero noise in AC, ACC, R3E and AMS2 with Recon 1 on SC2 Pro, why would I want extra overshot, latency, and less details on the top of that.
If you need to go as high as 10, you need to check your servo, could be defective.

3 Likes

You really don’t get it but it’s fine. :smiley: keep on dreaming.
also not willing to learn or listen or react in a normal way, which is fine too acting in a real ignorant way :smiley:

ofcource there is noise in all the games you play. 360hz ffb signal noise or a different rate in some others if you cant even feel that :smiley: it’s just funny. you can feel all the pulses of the signal like you are turning gears…

2 Likes